Suggestions on snacks?

julielynn22
on 7/28/14 12:46 pm
VSG on 06/11/14

I am allowed snacks in between breakfast and dinner as per my plan. I am 6.5 weeks out and am allowed pretty much anything except lettuce and the skins of most vegetables. I have been eating a light cheese stick, or a greek yogurt for a snac****asionally if I'm feeling a heavier snack I'll have a Quest bar.  I'm feeling in a rut. What do you guys eat? Any suggestions on something yummy and easy and good on protein?

mollz007
on 7/28/14 1:10 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

How about hummus or peanut butter?

check out my blog!

julielynn22
on 7/28/14 1:14 pm
VSG on 06/11/14

Yum and Yum! I'm not really supposed to do crackers so I guess I'll have to do cucumbers and maybe some apples for the PB? Thanks

mollz007
on 7/28/14 1:56 pm, edited 7/28/14 1:57 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Apples and PB sounds yummy! I guess you could peal the apples first if skin is a no no? I should probably do it too even at 5 months out, but I dont eat apples that much anyway. Cucumbers sounds good with hummus, I also enjoy baby carrots. If eating them raw is too hard you could try sauteeing then just a but to soften them up. It is one of my favorite snacks.

check out my blog!

hhamm
on 7/28/14 2:39 pm - MI

You can have carrots apples and dukes but no lettuce??

csbsteph
on 7/28/14 2:05 pm, edited 7/28/14 2:20 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

natural almonds or reduced fat peanut butter 1 spoon only...I sometimes take a bite of peanut butter & a sip of grape flavored crystal light; yummy pretend peanut butter & jelly : ) I also really like the quaker mini rice cakes but they're not a good protein snack.  When you want something crunchy later on when you're allowed get some raw peas to munch on or baby carrots.  I also just discovered that Special K makes a delicious protein cereal now too the serving size is 3/4 cup & it's lower on carbs than the other protein cereals I checked; cheerios & fiber one were the other two protein cereals but the carbs were much higher.  Hope some at goal vets will offer you up some suggestions, I always enjoy my protein shakes too.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Jaime P.
on 7/28/14 2:06 pm
VSG on 07/22/14

I can't eat any food yet, but before surgery I loved sliced bell peppers and cherry tomatoes with hummus as well. Also for a different dip, I take plain greek yogurt (0% fage) and mix with a bit of ranch or fiesta ranch dip mix. Just a little of the packet goes a long way. Also eat that with any of the veggies listed. It's really good and high on protein! 

Instagram

32 y/o female 5'2"; HW 260; GW 140; SW 245.8; CW 233; BMI 43.6

rhondagr
on 7/29/14 1:13 am

Almonds, cream cheese wrapped in a slice of turkey, or a couple of crackers topped with cheese.

Flygirlmedic
on 7/29/14 2:44 am

Low fat cream cheese and sliced smoked salmon. Place the cream cheese in the salmon and roll it up. Tastes great and alot of proteint too.

Cottage cheese with some small bits of fresh peach is also great.

If you like the peanut butter, try some PB2. You can mix it with a little water and it is very low fat and slot better for you than regular peabut butter.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views