Surgery scheduled

Queen-mum
on 8/22/14 3:56 pm

Hello all,

I have been quietly reading all of these posts for several months and love the support and information here! My VSG is scheduled for September 2nd.  My first consult was December 23rd so I have been at this for most of the year.  I am excited but scared about the surgery.  Did anybody else feel weird that you were losing most of your stomach or were you happy to see it go? I waffle between the two, but I am more than ready to start my new healthy life.  I have dieted for 44 years and gained 120 pounds...lol!  Thanks for all of the information...

Justme7
on 8/22/14 4:33 pm - ID

Best of luck Queen-Mum! 

Justme7

chanazatl
on 8/22/14 10:02 pm

I started my journey in January (2014) and had to jump through alot of hoops with insurance company but worth it. I am scheduled for surgery Sept. 2nd as well, and I am turely grateful to have any weight gone 5'4 257lbs. I have mixed feelings as well but I know it is going to be worth it to just feel better. I wish you the best of luck and "CONGRATULATIONS"!!!

Tina O
on 8/22/14 11:34 pm - ME
VSG on 05/12/14

Congrats on your surgery date!!!!! So excited for you!!!! I was personally happy to see it go. I was scared but it's normal and I don't regret it at all. I'm sure you will look back and also think this is the best choice you made. You will do great! 

HW: 414 ... CW: 260 ... GOAL: 147

Jessica76218
on 8/23/14 12:45 am

Congrats!! I too have been in the background reading all this wonderful information. I just got my surgery date. September 17th. I am so nervous. mainly about the changes that I have to make and the aftermath of weight loss. I think what keeps me positive is the fact that most of my ailments will be gone and I will start seeing pain relief in my joints , I am 5'4" 250. I am just nervous I wont lose any thing on the pre op diet. Best of luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Queen-mum
on 8/23/14 1:39 am

Thanks so much everybody!  I am more excited than nervous, and just ready for this new beginning as well.  I love being part of this community and thank you for welcoming me!

Queen-Mum-59 years old,  5'10", HW 307, SW 277

There is a reason that the windshield is bigger than the rear-view mirror.

acrazy_2011
on 8/25/14 1:37 pm
VSG on 09/03/14

Consultations!!!! My surgery is on the 3rd I am ready and scared. Really  scared but I have been dreaming about this surgery for years but a lot of things got in my way(its a long list of stuff). But know at 27 and doing the yo-yo dieting I am ready for VSG. You at 44 going through crazy diets that work a little then gain it back and then some it has to be trying. This surgery is gonna help you to loss the weight and I feel that you are ready to be sitting on the losing bench, I know I am having being big from middle school and up. Remember you are gonna be ok

Andrea Nelums

Queen-mum
on 8/25/14 2:14 pm

Thank you!  Yep, I've been going through this diet madness since I was 14, for 44 years now. I had my pre-op appointment today and everything went great.  I am so happy that you are getting your done as well and got ready for this before you were in your fifties like me.  Good luck to you and see you on the loser's bench!!

Queen-Mum-59 years old,  5'10", HW 307, SW 277

There is a reason that the windshield is bigger than the rear-view mirror.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views