From the 1st bite a complete guide to recovery from food addiction by Kay Sheppard

csbsteph
on 8/22/14 10:49 pm, edited 8/22/14 11:11 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi, So many of you may already know about or have read this book but I happened upon it by chance while doing a search on my local libraries site.  By the way folks if your library doesn't have a book you can request it be sent in from another library & check it out at yours which is great.  Anyway this book is amazing.  Since my surgery I haven't cheated or ate any of my former trigger foods or drinks...sometimes I think of foods I once enjoyed which I now view as further proof that I was a food addict.  I have to be honest and admit that I did have a slip up with a DQ Moolatte but thankfully didn't fini**** and gave the rest away.  This book From the first bite is amazing.  I haven't finished it yet but wanted to share it as a must read for those of us that have already had surgery or are about to.  I blamed my former weight 282 lbs. on health issues but I was loaded with caffein, sugar, starches & would sometimes secretly eat a whole container of cake icing in one night or a whole container of ice cream all in secret of course...I was/am an addict For a little while after my surgery I was moody & snappy, hormone levels do drop drastically right after but I am now thinking some of this was the withdrawl from certain foods.  Now that I no longer eat or drink said foods I've leveled off.  Anyway I just think this is a must read.  As I mentioned so many of you may already know about it but I think it's a very important book.

Just a little progress weight update; now down to 206 so more before/progress pics in my beginning saved work-out clothes are 6 pounds away.  My daughter did take a selfie of us out shopping the other day that's in my profile.  Go for it ya'll if you haven't already had surgery or are trying to make the decision don't be afraid to get healthy again or for the first time.  Have a blessed weekend everybody.

Kay's website: http://kaysheppard.com/

pic of book cover

Please note: I'm not a vet my surgery was in March, however I do share articles or other information from time to time that have been personally helpful to me. 

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Stacy_WLS
on 8/22/14 11:03 pm

Thank you for sharing this.  I am still very much battling with this addiction.  I'm going to check this book out.

I too refrained from all bad foods for several months.  I would recommend keeping that door closed.  I opened it while I was on vacation with my family a few months ago.  It is horrible the cravings come right back.  Overcoming the physical weight issues are great, but the mental issues I believe will be a lifelong battle for me.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tlove6
on 8/23/14 11:23 am

Me too! I've been just STUPID this week. Popped little bites of things of junk into my mouth...sesame sticks, bite of my kids bagel, taste of their ice cream..,it's like I'm our of control with this sampling!!!! 

Im hoping that once I get back to work and finish my monthly friend, I can control-alt-delete and start fresh. 

Its horribly embarrassing that I'm making those choices at 10 weeks out. 

Hello, my name is Taryn and I'm a food addict!!!!

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 52 views