2 days post op fever back

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/22/14 8:36 am

So I'm not going home today just a precaution as I have a fever again 

it seems to be staying at 100.5 to 101 however surgeon does not feel it's related to the sleeve it's because I'm not breathing deep enough and allowing my lungs to open back up fully 

I drank by shake and it went down fine I'm hopeful I'll be home tomorrow 

has anyone else has issue with a fever after surgery ?? 

weeziebeth
on 8/22/14 8:55 am

I can't speak to this surgery as I haven't had it yet. However, postop fever from not taking deep enough breaths and/or not moving around is not an uncommon occurrence. There are lots of things that can cause a fever postoperatively, infection is just one of those them. Take deep breaths using your incentive spirometer, use your pillow to splint your belly, and cough! Hopefully that's all it is and you will be  home tomorrow!

angel720
on 8/22/14 9:14 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I did not have this issue but the doctors and nurses were all over me to get the 3 little balls up on the little gadget to make sure I did not have respiratory problems which sound like what you are describing.  Today is my last day doing the exercises, I had to continue for 15 days post op. Suck suck suck or blow blow blow whichever your case may be. 

Good luck I hope you go home tomorrow!

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

momofz
on 8/22/14 6:10 pm
VSG on 05/01/14

I had a fever two days after being discharged from the hospital.  The Dr performed a second leak test which came back fine.  The fever lasted 5 days up and down from 100-102.  Back to normal after that with no explanation, feeling great with no problems since.

cdeabreu
on 8/22/14 10:20 pm
VSG on 08/18/14

Hi I am 5 days post op and I've had a low fever ranging from 99.3 -100.3 and other times I don't have a fever but my body will be burning hot.  Doc said he's not concerned.  I went to E.R. Yesterday for some IV fluid.  I came home and every time I drink something I got to run to the bathroom and all liquid comes out.  Seems like I can't hold any liquid down.  

Most Active