I think I can I think I can....

Marie S.
on 10/22/14 11:35 am - Brewer, ME
VSG on 10/31/14

Ahhhh.  Surgery on the 31st.  Nine days away. I go from feeling excited to feeling scared out of my mind!   have a feeling this is normal - but were you scared and if yes, how did you calm yourself.  At this point I just want the surgery over and done with and be on the other side of it.  Thank you all.  These message boards have been so wonderful!

Marie Downing

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me!

akbrunswick
on 10/22/14 11:41 am - Tampa, FL
I'm in the same boat. My surgery is oct 27 th. Good luck to you!

HW 252. SW 243 PreOp 225.7 GW 150        

Marie S.
on 10/22/14 11:43 am - Brewer, ME
VSG on 10/31/14

Do you have moments of feeling scared as well?

Dawn ..
on 10/22/14 12:12 pm - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Hi Mary. I was a little nervous about the surgery. But I think I was more ready to get it over with. I thought about how much more active I will be when the weight is off, and that I will be able to shop at any store, and that helped calm my nerves too. Trust in your doctor and his team, you should be fine.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Lady1000
on 10/22/14 3:34 pm

When the nerves got really bad I started a list of what I would be doing, enjoying and buying when I got smaller. The list kept growing!  it kept me from imagining the worst outcome and thinking about the positive.  I got this recommendation from  my doctor's office when I called really panicked about reading up on complications.   I worked,  just hope to start scratching things off my list very soon!    

5 years of waiting and I finally have my sleeve!!!!

Dr Rodolofo Wilhelmy VSG September 2014 

Kelly Jean
on 10/22/14 10:19 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Everyone will get nervous in some ways or another... I know I was ... think of all the reasons you are choosing to do this.. and remember why every time your nerves try to take over ... you got this .. you will love your new sleeve ..I know I do !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

GoBlueGirl1998
on 10/22/14 10:31 pm - MI

Good Luck to you! My big day is tomorrow!! I'm not nervous for the procedure itself or protocol after, I'm more nervous for the recovery of relaxing and healing. The thought of lying in a hopsital bed is strange to me!! I never relax, I won't have a choice now! ;)

ChelieV
on 10/22/14 10:52 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/28/14

My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, the 28th. I am mostly excited but a bit nervous, too. I am very confident with my surgeon - its the immediate post-op stuff that scares me. . .being able to get all the fluids in and dealing with the gas pains. I know that my mantra will me sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk. I find the thought of making it through the first month post-op the scary part. That said, I am not overwhelmed by that fear. I read the boards a few times a day and assure myself that I will get through it and will do my absolute best to handle whatever comes my way. In just five days I will be rounding the corner and embarking on my journey to a healthier me on the losers bench!

Best of luck to you!

Chelie

i    

VSG 10/28/14 by Dr. Marc Bessler at Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ

lfenix
on 10/22/14 10:53 pm
VSG on 10/27/14 with

My surgery is the 27th.  I know exactly how you are feeling!  I feel the same way...want the anxiety of the surgery/recovery part behind me, and the thrill of my new life started already.  I am SO over this pre op diet, and the evil hunger monster in my stomach dictating everything I put in my mouth.  I'm so ready to have this tool to help me.  I've been successful at changing bad habits over the past few years (stopped drinking soda, cut way back on fast food, only whole grain carbs, low/no sugar only on occasions, no more beer, higher protein, lower carb lifestyle), so I feel like I've been training for this for several years, and now, the final piece of the puzzle--the part that will help me actually LOSE THE WEIGHT is finally here!

I look forward to going through this journey together!  I wish you the best!  

ElizaM
on 10/22/14 10:59 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

I'm not really sure I did calm down until I was in the recovery room! I took a lot of xanax that week, that's for sure. I did get a lot of exercise in the last few weeks, and maybe my anxiety would have been even worse without it. As soon as the surgery was over, it was such a relief not to have to agonize over the decision to go through with it, and just focus on my recovery. 

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views