nervous/anxious

hippie304
on 10/25/14 1:23 am
VSG on 11/17/14

anyone out there who had to have a cardiac clearance due to a heart murmur.....im only 34 and this is freaking me out dr didnt order it but anathesia did since it has never been addressed or documented by no previous drs

weeziebeth
on 10/25/14 2:38 am

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Please try to not worry too much. Many people have murmurs that cause no problems. It is just necessary precaution. And, if it is something, much better to find out now-before anesthesia and surgery. I know, my words really mean nothing and it will weigh on your mind until you see the cardiologist, but try not to worry about what might be. 

knolmom
on 10/25/14 2:43 am

Please don't stress. They will probably do an ECHO Cardiogram just to see hoe efficiently your heart is pumping. The anesthesiologist needs to know this to plan accordingly. People have very serious surgeries with heart murmurs. The ones that don't show up until now are usually present from birth, and hardly discern able. Good luck with your sleeve.

MissMagnoliaYaYa
on 10/25/14 11:22 am

Try not to stress, they will go over you with a fine tooth comb! I had to go to a pulmonologist the week before my surgery because I have sleep apnea.  I worried about everything before surgery, but then, worrying is my hobby! 

Age 61 Height 4'11" HW 274.00  SW 250.00- (10/08/2014) CW 224.6 (11/3/2014)

zballard
on 10/26/14 9:36 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I have a heart murmur that gives me absolutely no problems but noticeable that if a medical student is at my dr's office when I visit, she gets them to listen to it. I had to so a treadmill stress test to be cleared for surgery. Not a big deal to me.

5ft HW 244 SW      

Most Active