New to Forum - Prospective Sleever

sleeve_scholar
on 11/21/14 11:09 pm
VSG on 03/09/15

Greetings,

I just wanted to thank everyone for your wisdom and information provided as I've researched the vsg procedure as the right choice for me. I have been a lurker on this site for the past three months now and have decided to formally join and become a part of the WLS community officially.

I don't have a scheduled surgery date yet, but, it will be at the start of the new year for sure. I'm excited and not nervous at all (this concerns me a bit). I think all of the research and appointments I've had thus far has really calmed my nerves and I'm just looking forward to beginning a new chapter in my life. TTYL.

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -- Jim Rohn

MAchick
on 11/22/14 2:07 am
VSG on 01/27/14

After an "epiphany", I was not nervous at all. The only time I was a bit off was the day before surgery. I think that had more to do with being overwhelmed by many things though.  I was  laughing and  joking around the morning of my surgery and I  really think it helped everything. 

Congrats on making your big decision! 

happyteacher
on 11/22/14 5:23 am

I agree- it is not unsual to NOT be nervous, just as it is not unusual to be nervous. It just depends is all. I was like you, once I decided I was not nervous about the procedure. Congrats on making the decision!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

hollykim
on 11/22/14 10:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I wasn't nervous at al. I couldn't wait to get on that surgery table! 

At 5 years out and 118# lost and the loss maintained!I have no regrets!

Most Active