Don't feel like eating

Meghan B.
on 12/20/14 12:35 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I'm 9 weeks post op.  I have lost 31 pounds,  currant weight is 149,  starting weight was 180,  that was band to vsg revision. Over all  feel fine and try to follow all the rules,  but some days I'm just don't  feel like eating or thinking about how much protein I got in or how much water I drank so far today! It's so mentally tiring,  is this normal? Is it OK if this happens some days? Thoughts from anyone 

happyteacher
on 12/20/14 12:41 am

Yes, but despite that get your protein and fluids in :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Meghan B.
on 12/20/14 12:47 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I always get my fluids in,  it's not really a problem for me,  it's just harder for me to get my protein,  I'm struggling to 60 grams in each day.  Then there's a day like today where  I don't feel like dealing with it,  I'm not hungry,  I don't want a protein bar or shake,  I just don't  feel like eating so I'm not going to force it,  but then I think what's going happen to me if I don't eat today? 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/20/14 2:07 am
VSG on 10/09/12

You must get your nutrition in. Like your vitamins and fluids and any meds you may be on. If you skip a day it probably won't kill you but if you make a habit of it you will have health issues resulting from malnourishment. Try to drink a shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

hollykim
on 12/20/14 3:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Pacific Time, Meghan B. wrote:

I always get my fluids in,  it's not really a problem for me,  it's just harder for me to get my protein,  I'm struggling to 60 grams in each day.  Then there's a day like today where  I don't feel like dealing with it,  I'm not hungry,  I don't want a protein bar or shake,  I just don't  feel like eating so I'm not going to force it,  but then I think what's going happen to me if I don't eat today? 

if you. Have very many days that you don't feel like getting your protein in,your body is going to start cannibalizing itself,as in breaking down your muscles,your heart,lungs kidneys,etc to. Get the protein it must have. 

An occasional day is. Not problematic but a day or two or 7 a week is going to become problematic. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. 

Meghan B.
on 12/20/14 7:10 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I know some days are tough,  but I'm also not new to this.  I went in to this surgery after being through 2 previous band surgeries over 10 years.  I have not eaten large amounts of food in forever,  and I wasn't  eating a lot prior to this surgery,   but the band had made me very sick,  throwing up almost daily with almost constant nausea. The nausea is now gone,  but I'm not eating that much differently from when  I had the band,  and I'm sure I wasent meeting all these diet goals Ihave now before and my Dr didn't follow my diet so drastically then,or Monitor my bloodwork so often.  so I'm curious why now?        I'm just tired of it some days 

Annie54
on 12/20/14 1:01 am

I am 7 weeks post op and having a hard time getting in the protein as well as the fluids . Looking for help too 

bellamorte17
on 12/20/14 2:47 am
VSG on 09/10/14

Premier protein from Sam's Club. 30 grams of protein per bar or shake. I know you said you don't want to think about eating but the chocalate shakes are really yummy and just 2 of those you hit your goal. 

Valerie G.
on 12/21/14 10:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I wasn't hungry for a good 9 months.  I set alarms to remind me to eat and another to take vitamins.  The last thing you want is malnutrition, so eat what you need to eat because you have to eat.  Don't expect any satisfaction or enjoyment from it. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active