3 Days post-op.....need to know

Wildnwonderful
on 12/19/14 8:32 am

I had my surgery on the 17th and just got home today. I'll be honest I wasn't in as much pain as I thought I'd be. My hiatal hernia repair hurts a little more.

I have been walking around and trying to get my fluids in. This isn't easy at all. I knew  I had to sip.....sip.....sip.  Any suggestion's on getting that fluid in.

Also am I suppose to be cold? I am freezing!

hollykim
on 12/19/14 8:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have been cold since my WLS nearly 6 years ago. I am even cold in the summer. You are burning off fat,which acts as insulation. Just bundle up.

Wildnwonderful
on 12/19/14 10:32 pm

Good to know! Thank you!

Karen H.
on 12/19/14 8:58 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I had my surgery 11 days ago. I'll give you the advice my surgeon gave me to get the fluids down. He said to keep some liquid in your hand at all times. Drink a sip like you are drinking something hot, wait 35 seconds, take another sip, wait 35 seconds, go again,etc. If you drink 4 oz every hour in a 16 hour day, you will get your 64 oz. Hope this helps.

Wildnwonderful
on 12/19/14 10:32 pm

Great idea!! Thanks!

Karen H.
on 12/19/14 9:01 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am cold too! I tell my husband to turn the heat up. He says, it's on 70! I just bundle up. 

Wildnwonderful
on 12/19/14 10:34 pm

I just had déjà vue I told my husband that last night. He replied the exact same thing....lol.

Spanky123
on 12/19/14 10:34 am

I'm due for surgery on Monday, was wondering about getting all fluids in also, dint you nap throughout the day, didn't that put you behind?

Wildnwonderful
on 12/19/14 10:37 pm

I slept 80%of the time I was in the hospital but the were pushing I've fluids in most of the time. I sipped when I was awake and walked around every time I went to the bathroom. Which was about every two hours. They didn't seem to concerened since I was on it but did stress it for when I went home. They did say if your mouth is dry your belly is dry. Hope that helps some.

Karen H.
on 12/19/14 10:48 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I never took naps,,, (never could sleep during the day) I just rested in a comfy chair and kept up with my fluids. "Rest" is resting, no housework, no errands,,, just rest. I laid back in my chair and closed my eyes, just to rest, but I never slept. Everyone is different though. But I did keep a journal and kept up with the time. That's how I got my fluids in.

Most Active