NSV & a Concern

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 12:05 am, edited 12/20/14 12:08 am - AZ

Well lets start off with the NSV, since that's the good news! : )

I can now cross my legs while sitting!! : )  I just kinda did it without thinking... My daughter actually pointed it out LOL

Now on to my concern, I am just about 10 months out (lost a total of 131 lbs & still have 77 lbs more to lose) But I haven't lost anything in about 3 weeks, and I even gained back 3 lbs this week (I was on vacation, didn't make wise choices in food)

My concern is that Im "done" losing weight.. But I AM NOT DONE!!

How do you know when your body says "Ok, Im done losing weight" and how do I keep losing? I still have 77 lbs to go (even 60 would be great!) I haven't even got out of the 200's yet! I AM NOT DONE!!!

I know the "Go back to basics" and that is what I am doing since we came home yesterday..

But My real question is, How do you know when your body is done losing??? And what can I do to change that?

Edited to add: I also have noticed that I can eat much more at a meal, without getting uncomfortable.. this makes me nervous..

Thank You!

cappy11448
on 12/20/14 1:06 am

My weight loss really slowed down after the  6 month mark and again after the 1 year mark.  I had several stalls that lasted three weeks.  I did go on and lose more weight even after starting maintenance, so I suspect you are just in a stall, and will do fine if you give it time. 

I find that if I eat carbs, I'll retain water weight.  So a couple of times I returned from vacations up 10 pounds, but it came off in a couple weeks when I got back to plan.  So hang in there.  You can do this if you stick to your plan.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/20/14 2:55 am, edited 12/20/14 2:58 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Are "you" and "your body" two different people? Since when does your body "decide" anything other than what your brain, i.e. "You" tell it? You will be done losing when YOU decide you are done and when YOU feed your body the number of daily calories that are required to maintain whatever weight you happen to be at. When you decide you are done or when you let old habits decide for you then you will be done. Until then you are in control and you can lose those 77 lbs if you take in less calories than your body needs to maintain. You lose weight by creating and maintaining a caloric deficit so that your body doesn't get to decide anything except burning those 77 lbs off!

don't kid yourself into believing that anyone or anything other than you can decide when you are done losing. Go get those 77 lbs!!!

edited to add: WTG on crossing your legs!!! I took a picture the first time I did it. 

And yes capacity creeps up but don't eat to capacity! Measure your portions and stick to the measured or weighed quantities. Eat that and then stop. Don't push on to discomfort because that is a safety net that you want to preserve. 

Plus to get those 77 lbs off you should not increase your portions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

psychoticparrot
on 12/20/14 3:21 am

To put things in perspective, my sleeve surgery is scheduled about 6 weeks from now, so your NSVs and SVs sound absolutely phenomenal to me. Congrats!

I read in one of the many sleeve books out there that it's normal to feel hunger again and that hunger is a natural and good feeling to have. The trick, if it can be called that, is to adopt the philosophy of the Okinawans (one of the longest-lived people in the world) -- "Eat only until you're 80% full." Leave the table a little hungry; don't eat until completely satisfied. If you're eating healthy food, this should hold you through till the next meal. 

Again, this is from a book, not from personal experience! I hope it helps.

psychoticparrot

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/20/14 3:29 am
VSG on 10/09/12

^^^^THIS^^^^ absolutely spot on!!! 

And I love your username...there must be a good story behind it. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Gwen M.
on 12/20/14 8:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It sounds like you're not done, because you know you were on vacation and making bad choices.  So.. make good choices and you'll start losing again eventually.  

I don't really buy the whole - my body is done losing thing.  I'm the boss of me.  My body will be done when I say it's done!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 9:31 am - AZ

Thank you SOOO much! That really helped! I just needed to hear some positive outlooks on it! Again Thank you! ; )

Most Active