Two More Sleeps then It's My Turn

K. Walker
on 12/20/14 10:29 am

Surgery is at 7:30, Tuesday morning. I'm excited and anxious at the same time. I'm ready to take steps to get healthy. The two week liquid diet has been pretty good. The first three days were the worst, but it's been much better this last week. 

What's the one thing you wish you had known before being sleeved (good or not so good)? Ready, set, go!

crittemom
on 12/20/14 10:59 am

I guess it is how surreal I feel about the weight loss. This is a good thing! I look in the mirror and think "Wow! I haven't seen these bones for awhile" or "Is that really me? Where have I been all this time?!" And then there are the tummy noises that freak out my puppies! They are rather loud and unexpected and make themselves known at sometimes unwelcome times!  The gurgles will not go away but maybe get worse with time, I'm told. But I can live with it. A minor inconvenience. At this point all is going well, and is as expected. Good luck to you and a Merry Christmas!

Kim N.
on 12/20/14 12:41 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

The Best of Luck to you Kayla on Tuesday.  It will be over and done with before you know it.  I really didn't go into surgery with any questions.  For 3 months before surgery, I followed so many people here on OH and other sites.  Had very productive visits to my surgeons office where I was able to ask a ton of questions.  I felt I was pretty informed by the day of surgery.  I'm almost 2 weeks out of surgery and TRULY feel that this was the best decision I ever made.  Take it day by day and I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion.  Hopefully you'll be home for Christmas.  Take good care of yourself and we'll see you on the losers bench :)  Kim

BorderCollieMama

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 2:17 pm - Loganville, GA

Good luck to you and I wis you a safe and speedy recovery.  My time is Monday at 215.  Cheers!!

K. Walker
on 12/20/14 9:46 pm

Thanks so much everyone.

mickeymantle
on 12/21/14 6:17 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

thats if you can sleep

Im shore all will go fine

there is lots of room here on the losers bench after we all lost so much weight , that you will fit right in

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active