It's Been a While

Vanessa_M
on 3/1/15 7:26 am

I haven't posted in a while. My 2 year surgiversary is coming up. This time last year I reached "normal" BMI (138 pounds lost). I reached my lowest weight about 2 months after that (146 pounds lost). I was obsessing over bones (collar, shoulder, hips, cheeks). But then I saw a picture and I didn't like the way I looked - big eyes, bony face, sunken cheeks, etc. I didn't look healthy.

I chose to put a little weight back on.   That accounted for about 4 or 5 pounds. But then I got ****y, careless and over confident.  I was running all the time (11 races, including a half marathon) so I ate a little more,  added in some carbs. When my mom got sick, I found myself making excuses for poor choices and falling back in to old habits. So there goes the next 8 pounds. But what I realized is that this is the beginning of a VERY slippery slope. I am currently 1 pound over my absolute highest acceptable weight (4 pounds over the "normal" BMI).  I have a million more excuses, but that's what got me to 300+ pounds in the first place. I have come to the conclusion that it's time to buckle down and get back to the basics.  One of the things that really helped me on my journey was this board.

As part of my getting back to basics, checking in on OH on a daily basis is part of my accountability regime.  There are a lot of faces that are new to me here, but it's nice to see some familiar ones too.  So, here I am. I need to lose 5 (maybe 8, bikini season is coming fast). I'll be a regular presence on OH again.

Thanks for being there for me!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Cindi A.
on 3/1/15 11:46 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

This really resonates with me. I told myself I would stay within 5 lbs of my lowset post-op weight. I stand at 8 lbs over now. I don't seem to be gaining more but I'm scared this is a sign that it's trying to climb back up. I'm back here for the same reason you are. We WILL succeed because we are here refusing to let the bad habits return. 😊

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Vanessa_M
on 3/3/15 9:15 am

Thank you for your reply!  I couldn't post a reply from my phone or tablet but it's nice to know I'm not alone and that we are all in this together!  You are right, we WILL succeed because there is no way I'm going back to the way I was before (and I refuse to buy any clothes bigger than a size 10!).

Hang in there!  We've got this!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Tracy D.
on 3/2/15 3:13 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome back, Vanessa!  I htink I remember you from before - we had our surgeries around the same time.  I too have gotten ****y and have backslid a bit.  Time to tighten up the program and get back on that horse 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Vanessa_M
on 3/3/15 9:13 am

Hi Tracy!

Thanks for your post!  I couldn't post a reply from my phone or tablet, but I got your response right away and you definitely buoyed my spirits!  

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Most Active