Anyone know Dr. Jalil Illan in Tijuana???

nancytravino
on 3/3/15 2:24 pm

Hi there, I just joined this forum last week.  I am thinking about going to Tijuana for my gastric sleeve.  Has anybody had their surgery with Dr. Jalil Illan???

Thanks!

Valerie G.
on 3/3/15 10:52 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've not heard of him.  Be VERY cautious and get LOTS of references.  If not many pipe up, keep looking for another surgeon.  There is quality in MX, but there are a lot of butchers, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Chery Taylor
on 3/4/15 4:05 am

Most of his patients are on a closed Facebook group " Team Illian. Theirs about 400 members. He's an excellent surgeon. I was sleeved with him on 12-8-14. But yes that is wonderful advise. People need to be very careful who they chose. I was driven by a so called hospital and its a butcher shop in a strip mall, the Dr's that work there should be ashamed. Also a lot of Dr's over charging for so called Hernia repairs that i doubt people needed just to up the price by $500

Spencerella
on 3/4/15 12:19 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I've not heard of him either.  Valerie has provided very good advice.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

rhw94123
on 3/4/15 1:18 am

Hello!  I had just googled something, ended up ObesityHelp.com and just happened to see your post.  I wanted to speak up, so I created a profile in order to answer :). 

I am a happy VSG patient of Dr. ILLAN  (full Latin-style name = Dr. Jalil ILLAN Fraijo).  Between the two "L's" in Illan and the fact that many (including this site, I notice) file him under "F" for Fraijo, he is a challenge to research sometimes.

He does his bariatric surgeries at Florence Hospital (near the "beaches" or "Playas" area of TJ), but he is also the Chief of Surgery/Trauma at a large, newer public/regional hospital (called IMSS Hospital General Regional 1) on the outskirts of Tijuana.  (I brought a loved one for surgery in TJ after my own and--to set her husband's worries to rest-- I actually traveled out to his main hospital to see that he truly worked there before she had her surgery.)  A couple of hundred of his patients support each other on a very active page on facebook. I believe he works 7-2pm at the larger hospital and then does one to three bariatric surgeries each day at Florence, where most of his cases are scheduled for approximately 4 to 4:30.     Let me know if you would like more info.  I am a big researcher and came up with Dr. ILLAN Fraijo and 2 others as my Mexican surgery choices, but his prices were the most modest (which I attributed to the fact that he doesn't do much advertising and instead relies on past patients/word of mouth).

Best wishes and sorry to "barge" in, but I'm an enthusiast :).

Chery Taylor
on 3/4/15 4:07 am

Hi Linda Hes an amazing Dr. Go to our facebook support group Team Illian. you'll learn a lot about him

Natalie1217
on 3/4/15 1:13 am - Apex, NC

Hi there,  I know a lot of people that have had surgery there and have nothing but great things to say.  I am having my surgery April 17th with him and cannot wait.  His assistant is great and very easy to work with.  I agree with everyone..  Do your research,  but I feel 100% confident with the decision I have made.  

mellody613
on 3/4/15 1:33 am

Hello! I highly recommended  dr illan! He is a fantastic surgeon! He was extremely  kind and made sure i had everything i needed and answered any questions or concerns  i had at anytime.  i had my gastric sleeve done with him 11/28/14. The hospital  was great as well as the staff. I had no complications  and my surgery  was very fast only 36 mins i think they said. Theres also a facebook support group just for  dr illan if you are interested, its called team illan everyone on there can tell you more about their experiences  with the Dr. The price for surgery and care was fantastic!  If i ever need a revision ill be going back to him and once i get to the plastic surgery stage ill go to their plastics section in that hospital. I highly recommend  him!

Moodlymoo
on 3/4/15 1:35 am

I had surgery with him 1/27/15 and it was amazing. The patients who have used him tend to use his FB group if you would like to join I can request you be added. I can't say enough good things about him, his patient coordinator was great, the hospital is so nice and Dr Illan explained everything in detail. I was in the OR for less then 1hr and his complication rate is 0.

CyberHexle
on 3/4/15 2:08 am

I had my vsg with Doc Illan last October. he is a wonderful surgeon. it was like a great vacation with a mini stay at Florence Hospital and after that 3 days at the Lucerna Hotel. I had absolutely no pain, not even gas. I m very satisfied the results :)

Most Active