Need help!,,

spuddzy
on 3/30/15 10:21 am - NY

I'm having root cancel and crowns on my motors and was told nothing hard crunchy or too chewy ...the other side I'm missing teeth so I chew on that side..everything soft is carbs. Like mash potatoes pasta all the things I don't eat.. I'm 3 moths out and doing very well with weight loss but afraid eating wrong foods is going to throw me in a loop...suggests needed for protein other than shakes and eggs.. Which I.ve eating for a week now..I have a temp bridge now...I don't wait to stall weight or even worst throw off my body....suggestions....

spuddzy

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/30/15 10:39 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Tuna salad, cottage cheese, ricota bake, chilli, greek yogurt, ground turkey meat balls ( can be nice and soft), baked fish, sardines, crustless quiche, well cooked broccoli, spinnach, cauliflour, you can go back and look through your pureed and soft foods stages. Soft foods do not have to be carby!! Good luck! Dental work sucks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

spuddzy
on 3/30/15 10:49 am - NY

Thanks so much...we always need help ..I never thought of some of that and I hardly eat veggies...I want to make my goal by end of spring....

spuddzy

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/30/15 1:11 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Its not a sprint. It is a journey for the rest of your life. I understand that once we have surgery we want to wake up at goal the next day. But slow and steady wins this race.

Vegetables are really good for you. You should incorporate some into your diet. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/31/15 7:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I try to view what I eat now as what I'll be eating for the rest of my life.  I don't want to focus on a "diet mentality" because everyone knows that when you stop the diet you return to your old ways of eating.

I admire your determination to make your goal, but I think it's more important to make long term changes to your eating habits.  Vegetables are important for their nutritional value and are generally low in calories.  Getting to goal shouldn't be the end game.  The vets will tell you that maintenance is even harder than weight loss.  It's the changes you make now that will become a routine part of your life forever.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Gwen M.
on 3/30/15 10:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It sounds like you need to go back to a pureed diet.  Here are the things I ate -- https://www.myvsg.net/2-uncategorised/142-pureed-food-i-ate

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Blithe1212
on 3/30/15 11:51 am
VSG on 03/05/14

I would get high protein cottage cheese. 16g per 1/2 cup. Friendship makes it. You can put some beans on top, or tomato sauce, it was my lifesaver. I like some baked bean, cottage cheese, and an scrambled egg as a meal. Like a little of each. 

Good luck with your dental work!

molfish62
on 3/30/15 1:39 pm
VSG on 03/07/15

Others have given you good suggestions. I was on pureed food just a couple weeks ago. I ate refried beans, pureed chicken salad (no celery), scrambled eggs, greek yogurt, protein shakes with a few frozen raspberries added, eggface's ricotta bake & pureed eggface's pot roast thing (both on her blog). 

As for not eating veggies: some disagree, but my nutritionist told me that I didn't get obese eating some vegetables and I'm not going to stay obese just from eating a few vegetables. Incorporating some into your diet is most likely not going to hurt you. 

Molly

VSG on 3/7/15. 

Add me on myfitnesspal: molfish6 

wyo_sarah
on 3/31/15 12:05 am

I also like fresh mozzarella with basil and proscuitto.  It is really yummy.

Hislady
on 3/31/15 8:12 am - Vancouver, WA

I ate the same as everyone else just put it thru my Magic Bullet to puree it and I ate a few veggies too there are few carbs or calories in veggies and they give you a little fiber to help with any constipation from any pain meds you may be needing after the surgery. Veggies are good for you!

Most Active