Rotisserie Chicken -- lifesaver! / random long post

Stacy_WLS
on 5/4/15 12:42 am

So I love food.  I think a lot of us love food.  A big fear before surgery was that I wouldn't be able to enjoy food anymore.  Honestly the opposite it true.  I enjoy food MORE than before and don't have the horrible regret guilty feeling that I always used to have.  

So to get to my topic -- I got home last night from a bachelorette weekend full of wine and sprinkled with sugar.  My flight landed at 9pm (7pm cali time so hungry & needing food) and I had nothing in the fridge.  

I went to the grocery store and bought my staples for the week.  I also bought some sugar snap peas & rotisserie chicken so I could get some food in me quickly -- good food (healthy & tasty)!

I boiled the peas for a couple of minutes and topped w/ fried shallots -- so yummy! and had a drumstick & wing.  My mind had quickly gone to fast food options, but this was honestly tastier and left me feeling happy with myself and healthy.  

I was also able to turn one of the chicken breasts into toppings for my salad for lunch today and tomorrow and will be able to feed my son and I easily tonight.  

Rotisserie chickens are so easy & such a good choice.  They fulfill the need for quick, easy, healthy & tasty protein :)  I highly recommend them!  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Luvmygs
on 5/4/15 12:49 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I have to agree with you Stacy, rotisserie chicken to so delicious! I also make simple taco's, just add a little salsa to the shredded chicken with garlic and cumin. VERY GOOD!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 5/4/15 12:55 am - MI

I agree with you! I buy one every other week! I'll eat it as is, make chicken salad out of it, use it as a salad topping, use it in lettuce wraps! Hail the rotisserie chicken! lol!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

GooseGirl
on 5/4/15 4:00 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Thanks for the reminder Stacy. I don't do these very often and I really don't know why. You are absolutely correct that these are quick, easy and healthy protein. I think I need to make a list of quick options for days when I didn't defrost something or don't want to cook. 

greensleeved
on 5/4/15 5:16 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

They are so good. Costco sells already pulled rotisserie chicken meat that helps beat the fast food blues!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

MegZorar
on 5/4/15 8:25 am

YASSSSS! The leftovers make a killer chicken salad too--great flavor.

jenorama
on 5/4/15 9:15 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I've seen the tubs of shredded rotisserie chicken at Safeway alongside the whole chickens.  We like to crock pot chicken breasts with green chile enchilada sauce.  They fall apart after a few hours and are not dry at all and the green chile makes them delicious.  Shred 'em with a fork and that's dinner/lunch for my husband and I for a couple of days at least.  :D

Jen

Oneillch
on 5/4/15 11:35 am, edited 5/4/15 11:36 am
VSG on 02/04/15

I use the leftovers to make enchilatas (WW recipe), soup mug pot pies (w/a buttermilk biscuit for top crust) or a mexican casserole (w/leftover rice from Chinese takeout) for my family. Easy dinner(s) & they really enjoy it.

justmerobin
on 5/5/15 12:41 am

We had that last night! Two breasts makes enough for a couple of meals for my husband and myself.

Scott S.
on 5/5/15 4:04 am - TX

Way to make a good decision on your way back!  Would have been easy to continue the weekend and eat bad!

One suggestion is to try a beer can chicken sometime.  It is like a Roti, but 10X tastier and tender!  Reall easy to make as well.

PM if you want my recipe!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Most Active