First solid food 1 week Post OP

beelitehobbies
on 5/4/15 3:13 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

1 week Post OP today. Diet allowed solid food this morning. Had some scrambled eggs. Wow. I was stuffed full after 1/3 of a normal serving of scrambled eggs. Couldn't eat another bite.

Nice to have solid food but certainly has to be very small quantities? And eaten slowly of course!

Living and learning every day.

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

Alklein12
on 5/4/15 3:47 am - Beverly, MA

Lucky Duck! I'd love to taste some eggs right now! I had VSG on April 23rd so I am about to hit 2 week mark on Thursday and I agree with you, its amazing how full you feel after the small amount you eat.  I live and learn everyday and see what works for me and what doesn't.  My doctors have me on a Full liquids for 4 weeks.  No solids until week 5 - so I can't have eggs until then.  Tomato Soup is my best friend lol. But hey, everyone is different.  Good Luck!!

A-

VSG 4/23/15  GOAL 130LBS

beelitehobbies
on 5/4/15 5:39 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

different doctors different ideas? surprising how much they vary? this week I can have scrambled eggs, yogurt. As well as soups and protein sakes.

Soup. I can barely tolerate the tomato soup you like? Burns like a acidy feel for me. Cream soups are great and my best friend right now.

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

Alklein12
on 5/4/15 5:52 am - Beverly, MA

The WLS program I am a part of has a plan and a guide of what to do and that is the process I suppose. I was on a 2 week pre-op diet that started April 9th which was a liquid diet then I had the surgery so now I move to the Full Liquid diet for 4 weeks which is not so strict so I can have like yogurt, jello, pudding, cream soup, tea, coffee, protein shakes, etc.  Starting at week 5 is the soft solid food which I am excited about so I can have some eggs.  I went to the Tomato soup because the other cream soup just tasted nasty for me - That's the live and learn part. 

VSG 4/23/15  GOAL 130LBS

Jessca
on 5/4/15 7:15 am
RNY on 04/20/15

Eggs.. Can't wait to have eggs. My surgery was 4/20 and I had 2 weeks of full liquids, now starting 2 weeks of purée then 2 weeks of soft foods. 6 weeks and I can try regular food EXCEPT eggs. They want us to wait until 8 weeks for eggs because they've had a high incidence of blockages from eggs. Seriously?! So frustrating! 

HW 313 SW 273 CW 208

M1 - 25 M2 - 10 M3 - 12 M4 - 9 M5 - 5 M6 - 4

MommaGbear
on 5/4/15 9:31 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

I have a week of full liquids ahead, then 2 weeks of puree. My doc said that scrambled eggs are OK once I'm on puree, but that's about it. I can hardly wait for anything beyond clear liquids and protein shakes!

beelitehobbies
on 5/4/15 10:26 am, edited 5/4/15 10:27 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Wildly different plans

Frankly eggs are now not top of my list. Did not sit well. My Plan has a very prescriptive and comprehensive food guide as well. Some things in that guide my body likes some things the body says " I don't thank so".

Head nurse at the surgical unit said the best I think? "Listen to your body. It knows what is best. I have seen that in the last week. Too much or too fast and the body tells me oh so quickly!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views