ok... I start the 2 week pre-op diet tomorrow!

msecanales
on 10/11/15 7:30 pm

Again, very anxious and nervous of what is to come... Last night, my husband and I went out on a date. We had a few drinks and I felt kinda melancholy... Just knowing how much my diet and life will change. This is a life long change. I started to feel sorry for my self because we won't be able to "go out and have drinks" like we so like to do. Then today, I had all my favorite foods, strawberry and cream dessert, soda... Almost like my last "goodbyes". I am really struggling with the idea of this 2 week pre-op diet even thought I do understand how important this is.. I just need to take this one day at a time..

-Flo-
on 10/11/15 7:44 pm
DS on 04/11/16

It's totally normal to have food funerals. I know I did. I went through a mourning period for food. But you know what, you will be able to eat all of your favorite foods again someday just in smaller portions.

sds0029
on 10/12/15 4:32 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

For me everything I had been dealing with by being morbidly obese made my decision and fears much easier. The nay Sayers all said prepare for depression bc you are losing your best friend. Go forth and do you ð?'?As flo Said you can hav fav foods later but much smaller portions that is easy do. Best of luck, I promise you will love you new tummy.

Sandra F.
on 10/12/15 6:06 am

I was right where you are once, believe me. I went out for the two weeks before my pre-op diet and ate like a mad woman. Although it is difficult now and will be for a little while, it will get better, I promise. I am a year out from surgery and know that this is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. Good luck to you!

mindthump
on 10/12/15 8:34 am
VSG on 09/14/15

Yep, I had the same thing. I made sure I didn't go crazy, but I did make a list to hit all my "favorites" once before the surgery (BBQ, Pizza, Chinese, etc.). I'm soooo happy with the results (almost one month out) that I don't really miss any of those right now. In one sense I'm lucky - I'm a recovered alcoholic (11 years) so "One Day At A Time" is just part of my life.

msecanales
on 10/12/15 5:04 pm

Thanks guys!! Today is my day 1 on pre-op diet and I am HUNGRY! So much that my head hurts and I feel nauseous. I have been drinking lots of water and doing my protein shakes.. this SUCKS! Only on day 1......

Erosie23
on 10/12/15 7:45 pm

Today was my day one too. I cried when my boyfriend ate his dinner. I think one day at a time is gonna be the key to this! I am trying to remain positive. Best of luck!!

Most Active