Headache after eating

KELLY H.
on 10/12/15 12:21 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12

Hello all, I hadn't posted in 100 years, classic run for the hills after surgery types I suppose but I can't find any clear answer on this when I google it so I thought about this place.

I will be 3 years out December 26th. I lost 117 lbs in a year and stopped there. I've gained about 10ish pounds in the subsequent 2 years. Currently on Belviq and Phentermine because I want to get to 199 so I can finally get my dang apron removed.

Anyway, for as long as I can remember (since the surgery) when I eat I get a terrible headache right at my temples that can sometimes last for hours. It doesn't matter what I eat.

I didn't follow a diet after surgery, the restriction was enough and I am still holding steady. I had no comorbidities and my sugar doesn't fluctuate that I know of, my AIC is 4.5. My blood pressure has always been normal but I have never taken it after eating.

My restriction is still there but I can probably eat double what I did in the first year (for those of you wondering what it's like after surgery). I wanted to lose 180ish pounds but my surgeon told me that wouldn't happen, he said I'd lose about 100 and he was right. The sleeve is not like the bypass, that's for sure.

These headaches drive me nuts though and google doesn't help me at all. Anyone else have these?

Thanks and hello and good look to you all!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/12/15 5:25 pm

It may be food allergies...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tracy D.
on 10/13/15 9:28 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I was going to say food allergies too but you say it happens every time you eat. My other best-guess would be blood pressure problems after eating.

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

KELLY H.
on 10/13/15 9:55 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12

That's what google says either blood pressure or food allergies but I don't think that is it, I feel like it's surgery related but there isn't much to go on. I guess if you guys don't have similar headaches must be just one of those weird things.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views