Eggs and drinking liquids with or not?

Billy D.
on 10/11/15 4:58 pm

Wondering if you consider a poached egg a food that you can't drink before or after with? I will be at the pureed food stage soon and since poached egg is liquid and semisolid, I'm not sure if you are supposed to drink with it or not?

rocky513
on 10/11/15 5:11 pm - WI

No drinking with meals.... period. A poached egg is soft food, but it still has mass and is considered a meal.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Billy D.
on 10/11/15 5:34 pm

That is what I wanted to know. I am not even at that stage but wasn't sure since my poached eggs are like liquid and runny. I don't want to mess up any of my diet. So far so good...it isn't as hard as I thought it would be and I am not hungry in the least bit. I think of it as a 2nd chance and I don't want to screw that up because I probably won't get another. Thank you for the info!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/11/15 5:20 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd stay away from eggs for awhile, poached, boiled,scrambled or fried. Some people can't handle eggs even after they've gone thru the stages after surgery, wait till you're further along b4 experimenting with eggs, no matter what form it is in.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Billy D.
on 10/11/15 5:29 pm

I heard that but I am not going to try them just yet. I just was wondering if you can drink with them...Thanks! Billy

alouisa63
on 10/11/15 6:05 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I had no issues with eggs but 1/2 cup of decaf coffee had me on the floor in pain! Go figure.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Donna L.
on 10/11/15 8:01 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

For my surgeon and nutritionist they count as a solid food even though they are soft, so no drinking with it. I also did not drink with pureed foods.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

NYMom222
on 10/11/15 8:51 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I try not to drink even after a protein drink. Which is liquid, but it has calories and is food.... I want whatever nutrients to be absorbed the best they can, don't want them just washed through my system.... I did eat poached eggs in the beginning...my doc suggests poached or soft boiled, as eggs can get rubbery. When I eat out for breakfast I still asked for eggs cooked 'soft' just so they aren't overdone.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views