Aggravated........ Ahh

texasbumpkin
on 11/23/15 10:04 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Well.....this is more of a rant than anything.....just have to get it off my chest......I have been stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks.   I have been getting my water, getting my protien, getting my exercise, and staying in my 800-900 calories.  Talked to my nut, and she said it is typical at this stage with my MD patient and can last up to 4 weeks.  I am 6 weeks out and this is my first stall.  I am starting to feel like I am not going to loose the weight.  I know working the program will work and it will happen.  I am just frustrated.   Thanks for letting me vent.

Kathy S.
on 11/23/15 10:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Change it up as much as you can with being so early out.  For example when you say you are exercising try something different.  As long as you are doing all the right things it will happen.  I had 9 weeks, yes you read it right 9 weeks I didn't lose anything.  Take measurements and photos too.  Sometimes when the scale is not moving you can see your success in other ways.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

suzyq584
on 11/23/15 10:22 am

I hear ya sleeve sister!  I'm at 7 weeks this Thursday and have been playing around the same 2-3 pounds for almost 3 weeks now.  My body is definitely changing though and thank goodness people are starting to notice and make comments or I would have been even more upset at that stupid scale!

Vent away then put the scale away for awhile and concentrate on how your clothes are fitting and how much better you are feeling.  Don't let that little machine get you down!!! 

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

psychoticparrot
on 11/23/15 3:02 pm

Here's my secret to dropping lots of weight quickly right from the get-go: Don't drink enough liquids, get a terrible case of dehydration and a kidney infection, go to the ER and get hooked up to saline and antibiotic IVs for a few days. Guaranteed to make you drop weight fast.

That is what I did, not intentionally of course, but my point is be glad you're getting enough water and recovering without any medical setbacks. The stall will break; it always does.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Oneillch
on 11/23/15 5:28 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

At 6 wks out, 800-900 calories sounds like a lot. At that point, my nut had me btwn 500-600 calories and when my calories crept up to to 800, my weight loss drastically reduced. Try backing down & see what happens. Good luck! 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/24/15 9:13 am - MI

Stop with scale for a week and go by hour you feel and how your clothes fit!! Look at the successful people on this website! In a few months you'll be posting about how much weight you have lost!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Most Active