Countdown!

Tink3125
on 11/23/15 11:52 am
VSG on 12/01/15

Hospital pre-admission complete! Monday will be here before I know it! I'm down 23 lbs already!

Finished week 1 of liver diet..nothing but protein shakes..2nd week will be finished before too long. I was granted that I get to eat on Thanksgiving! Then it will be two more days of protein shakes and then 24 hours clear liquids on Sunday.  I am so excited and already loving how much better I feel, the difference in the fit of my clothes and people are already noticing it in my face.

Nov 30 hurry up and get here!

Tink

Grim_Traveller
on 11/23/15 1:15 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

SDenae
on 11/23/15 6:21 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Good luck! Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

cappy11448
on 11/23/15 7:46 pm

This is excellent news.  It'll be here before you know and You'll do great.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Tivvany
on 11/23/15 11:58 pm - Canada

Congrats Tink?

I have my surgery the same day that you do?

How have you lost 23lbs already?

All the very best,

Tiffany

Tink3125
on 11/24/15 2:32 am
VSG on 12/01/15

Thanks! I started doing protein shakes for a meal before I was actually put on the liver diet. Cut out all sugar, diet sodas and bread. Since being on the liver diet I have followed this to a T and not cheated. It still blows my mind I haven't had solid food in a week, just the protein shakes and water. Plus I started walking. It has been very hard but I've learned I am stronger than I thought and have had many times that I just had to say "you can't have this. You made a decision to change your life and you are going to be accountable for every bite you put in your mouth".

Keep in touch as we go through this together! You will do great!

Tink

ubserved
on 11/24/15 2:02 am

Grats, I had my surgery on 11/17, lucky you on your Thansgiving repreive, enjoy it while you can but I would suggest not overdoing it, you will restart your carb withdraw and not be too happy about it. I'll give you a few points based on my experience. After your surgery, wait the 3-4 hours until the nurses come to take you on your walk, after that and you regain your 'sea legs' so to speak, walk as much as possible, it will help tremendously to get rid of the gas they used to inflate your abdomen. I was walking so far around the entire floor, they asked if I was trying to do laps. Personally it was more to the point I hated the bed, a week later almost and my tail bone still hurts and I was only in over night. As to when you start your liquids in the hospital, for me it was 6am the morning after surgery, take it incredibly slow, they brought the 1 ounce cups and I took a sip that was about 1/3 of 1 ounce and I nearly barfed. They had some anti nausea meds ready for the IV. At this point they took me off the self induced pain button, if you can, tell them to leave it in until you are nearly ready to leave, I didn't have all that much pain, but it was helpful for trying to get some sleep being I am not a back sleeper. Also don't be alarmed if when you get home, that you have gained some weight, they push so much IV fluids, I came home about 4-5 pounds heavier than when I went in, after a few days at home I dropped it and am now heading in the right direction. Also have whoever drives you home, take the smoothest route, even small bumps made me want to barf and I am not one to get nausea, I can't remember the last time I felt like that before being post op on Wed. Hard to believe that this time last week I was getting ready to go to the hospital, seems like time has just flown by yet seems like at a crawl as well. I know since yesterday I have had a real hunger that I have had to set aside, I haven't felt like this since about day 5 of the 2 week pre-op diet so I am hoping it just part of the healing process. Anyways, didn't mean to go on and on. Good luck on your next week, have a great holiday and if you have any questions, feel free to holler being my experience is still fresh in mind. Also just in case you were wondering, in the 2 week pre-op, I lost 30 pounds, gained back 5 pounds at the hospital and have now lost that 5 and an additional 5 pounds for a total lose so far oof 35 pounds in 20 days.

Tink3125
on 11/24/15 2:23 am
VSG on 12/01/15

Thank you so much for the feedback! It is always welcome. Oh I wasn't planning on plurging on Turkey Day. I know my limits and what I should or shouldn't do to set off my triggers now. It sounds like you are doing awesome! Congrats on your loss. I am thankful for this site and all of the ones who have been willing to share their experiences. It has been what inspired me to finally go through with the surgery.

I have worked really hard to break myself of being a scale addict, and hoping I can continue that to avoid the daily ups and downs. I plan on weighing bi-weekly. It is funny you mention the drive home. The anesthesiologist mentioned that yesterday as well. We live 2 hours away from where I am having surgery, so it will be a bit of a trip home.

Again thank you so much for the information! I will be in touch!

Tink

ubserved
on 11/24/15 4:27 am

If at all possible, I would recommend grabbing a hotel and staying in the area you are having surgery for over night unless you are staying more than one night in the hospital, otherwise I will tell you if you get hit with it like I did, you are in the most hellish ride of your life, no matter how much the driver tries to keep it smooth. I only like 10 miles from my hospital that I had the procedure done at and even that sucked. I get on the scale every day in the morning, that way I can keep a log, I find it better than waiting every other week. Also I know everyone is different, but after a couple days at home, I can have normal mouth full size drinks, it had to be the post surgical swelling that really limited me to that 1/3 ounce sip the first couple days. I have had no problem getting my fluid down and protein, that's another thing, with me the nutritionist wanted to have me get at least 90grams of protein a day, I have been doing a bit more than that, protein is important for preventing hair loss, muscle loss, etc, but it also helps with your healing as well, I have been doing 5 protein shakes a day at a total of 150 grams of protein, so with the shakes I am at 800 calories a day with a few more from the liquid vitamin & calcium I have been taking and it's been doing great, you will too. Good luck.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views