First case of the "foamies"

Anne N.
on 11/24/15 6:35 am - Middle Island, NY

Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and I decided on ribs ahead of time. They are always cooked so the meat is tender and falls off the bone. I was so excited to get my plate and the ribs did not disappoint. So tender & juicy. I was doing so well until I decided I wanted a little bite of the hard, caramelized sauce part that was like a crust on the outside.  Big mistake!! I took a tiny bite and chewed it until it was pulverized... but I guess it was either a little too dry or too much and it got caught in my esophagus. My husband & daughter were worried and kinda freaking out and I had to keep reassuring them I was okay. For about 10 minutes, I kept burping and coughing up foam - worst experience. Lesson learned: no matter how flavorful, do not it if it isn't moist!

Kathy S.
on 11/24/15 8:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

My heart goes out to you, this is the worst 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/15 7:05 pm

Hey, at least it was only 10minutes, right? I've had them twice. The first time they lasted about 45 minutes - from eating a baby carrot. Kicked in about 5 minutes after eating the carrot on my way back to class. 

Anyway, I hope this was your first and LAST bout with the foamies! 

Valerie G.
on 11/25/15 4:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've never had that effect from something crunchy.  Of all things, it's potatoes that do me in if I eat too much too fast....boiled, baked, fries, tots, all of them...so if you had any taters with those ribs, even a couple of bites, don't rule them out.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active