Puree stage upcoming....

ubserved
on 11/29/15 4:04 am

Howdy people, hope you all had a nice holiday, I'm about to start the puree phase of this journey on Tuesday and I was wondering if you all had any ideas on the puree phase to keep it interesting. 

Luvmygs
on 11/29/15 10:41 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I hope you get ideas from other on this topic. I didn't do well with puree, I found it very gross. My NUT said at this stage I can have any kind of soup as long as I place it in my bullet and strain. I bought all my favorite Progresso soups, my favorite Chicken Pop pie! I also enjoyed cream of wheat, sweet potatoes, sugar free puddings and canned fruit pureed. Good luck!

Bufflehead
on 11/29/15 11:22 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

A lot of it will depend on what you are allowed. Another commenter on this post mentioned cream of wheat, sweet potatoes, pudding, and canned fruit -- many plans (including mine) don't permit those kind of things, as they are extremely high in carbs and low in protein.

Some of the things I liked that were not actually pureed but were allowed on my plan:

Eggface's Ricotta Bake (Google it if you don't have the recipe)

Cottage cheese with savory mix-ins such as a small amount of peanut butter, salsa, or salad dressing

refried beans

poached/very soft boiled egg (some people have trouble with eggs early on, I did not)

Greek yogurt (plain with SF syrup, or vanilla with peanut butter/PB2 stirred in)

I also made a lot of meat-based purees. I know that sounds gross, but stick with me. The idea is to puree the meat with a flavorful sauce, not something nasty like water or broth. Puree them together, top with a little shredded cheese, and heat in the microwave. It's like a casserole but without the carbs like noodles or rice that would ordinarily be a part of it. Some of my favorites:

shrimp with buffalo sauce and bleu cheese

ranch flavored tuna (from the packet) with ranch dressing (nonfat), sriracha sauce, and pepper jack

turkey breast with peanut satay sauce and jack cheese

chicken breast with marinara sauce & mozzarella cheese

ground bison with low carb bbq sauce and cheddar cheese

sardines with harissa sauce and swiss cheese

those are just ideas -- I am sure you can come up with combos that are appealing to you.

Most Active