Struggling today...

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/16 4:37 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

I know many of you have been here, and some going through it, and others getting ready to... so I am so sorry if this is a redundant complaint, or struggle or whatever....

I am 9 days away from surgery, on my pre op liquid diet and I am so dang hungry. My family is cooking yummy food and the smell is overwhelming. If there was not a snow storm right now I would take a drive. 

I partly have these moments where I just want to eat, and eat whatever I want and be done with all of this, who cares if I am a whale.... but I know it is not just about being a big girl. I have to remember that I am doing this for health reasons, and giving more years on to my life. 

JUst right now I want to eat everything and anything. I know if I did I would be in tears and regret all i have worked so hard for and even be more depressed

I wish I could just go to sleep but I have kids to take care of... Tomorrow is my pre admission testing, and my big weigh in... so I need to get though this night and I know tomorrow will be better ....Right now I want to cry... but I know this will pass.... so basically I am just venting and needed to as I have no one else really to vent to... so thank you.... even for just reading it... 

Good Lord I feel like a Debbie Downer ha.... ugh 

Much love and peace 

Smallbites2015
on 2/8/16 4:48 pm

Wow hang in there.  Only a little longer.  Take a deep breath, drink a glass of water and remember "Short term discomfort for long term satisfaction."   

You can do it. I did it and thought I would lose my mind. So glad I did. Best thing I ever did for myself.  Be selfish ... 9 days to the rest and best of your life .

Find something to take your mind off of things.

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/16 5:08 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

thank you :) 

LosinginAZ
on 2/8/16 5:00 pm

You can do it, just hang in there! I felt the same way, but this will pass. Distract yourself, busy your hands. 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/16 5:09 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

Thank you!!! Watching TV seems to be the worst, like every other commercial is food related ugh haha 

acbbrown
on 2/8/16 6:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Just sit back and imagine all the great things life holds for you ahead. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:07 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

thank you!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/8/16 6:20 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I know things seem hard now but ya just gotta hang in there.  Try distracting yourself as much as possible, if you have Netflix or Amazon prime you can watch a bunch of shows without the commercials, especially the food ones! Maybe you can color in one of those adult coloring books, it'll help get your mind off food. Even if you can't get away for a drive, go for a walk, meditate, help get your mind focused. Write in a journal, write a list of goals & put them on post it notes & plaster them throughout the house.

Vent away as much as you want. We'll understand, we know the struggle! Good Luck to you! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 5:09 pm - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

haha those are some great ideas!!! Thanks so much!!!!! I have those coloring books too and Netflix, and the post it notes everywhere, hahaa love that,!!! Thanks again means so much!!! 

Neesie57
on 2/8/16 8:05 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

The two week pre-diet is the worst time of this whole journey.  You can do this, and you will be so happy that you did.  Just keep your eye on the prize and you will get through this.  I know it's difficult when your family has to eat, but you need to remember that eating is not an emergency, and they time will pass slowly now, but very quickly once you have the surgery.

We all had to do this, and not one person thought it was easy, but hold on, you'll be on the loser's bench very soon.  

Vent on here any time you want to, that's what we're here for.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active