Keep falling off...

Donna L.
on 2/11/16 8:44 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It's embarrassing to admit, but I promised I would when I've had a very bad eating week.  Infected foot plus grad school, plus a full-time job, plus my clinical internship = food explosion.  I feel miserable now so I immediately crawled back to my correct eating plan, scheduled a counselor appointment, and I'm holding myself accountable here on the forums.  I'm almost eight months out and I've lost 50% of my EWL.  Need to just pick myself back up as soon as I make mistakes and forge on ahead... no excuses!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

mmsmom
on 2/12/16 4:42 am - Woburn, MA

It's a long road, but you have to keep your eye on the end goal - you can do it!

VSG on 04/28/2014

JudithJohnson
on 2/12/16 6:05 am
VSG on 12/03/15

The fact that you recognize what you are doing and are admitting it is a great start to get back on track. We tend to sabotage our progress sometimes and make excuses for doing it simply because we're not dealing with our food issues. I am learning new ways to deal with stress and pressure, and walking helps a lot to clear my head. If I am so stressed that I want to eat I grab a protein shake, a protein bar, a bottle of water and I leave my wallet at home and I get in the car and drive somewhere where I can go for a walk to calm down and clear my head.

You're doing good, stay with it!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

kyzze
on 2/12/16 11:20 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

You can do it!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/16 1:01 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Don't be embarrassed, be proud you recognized this slip and are getting back on track. You can do it! :)

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/16 1:45 pm

In times of undue stress it is NORMAL to fall back on habits that once worked in the past. This is a journey. There are bumps along the way - sometimes even a few long hills to climb. Until you meet with your counselor, if you are feeling compelled to eat ask yourself what benefit eating at that moment will offer you. Once you know the answer you can make an informed decision. (There are times when you may decide to eat - that's okay.) 

Do your best to not be angry with yourself. Instead be forgiving (as tough as that is). You didn't "fail". You reverted back to a behavior that worked in the past, that clearly is unsettling to you now. You're making excellent progress. Find the joy in that. 

Most Active