3 1/2 weeks out and pain on left side

Linds9
on 2/12/16 4:42 pm
VSG on 01/19/16

Today I began having a dull deep pain on the left side of my stomach, started a feel minutes after eating. It kind of feels like the same kind of pain that I had after surgery which I havent had for atleast a week. I have no nausea, vomiting or anything but I am worried. What do you think it is?

psychoticparrot
on 2/12/16 6:58 pm

It may be serious; it may not be. We're not doctors. Call your surgeon.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

handtlkr
on 2/13/16 7:13 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I had that as well. I don't know what it was for me, but it went away after a week.  If I were concerned about something being abnormal, though, I would certainly contact my surgeon. However, from what I've seen here, you can expect some pains here and there, and I talk with a nurse/coach regularly who said your stomach will be tender for a while, so its normal to have pains from time to time when you eat.  Probably depends on what you're eating as well. I know some foods make mine hurt more than others. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Tiki3211
on 2/14/16 11:07 am

I'm not in the medical field but I had the same sort of dull pain.  Called the doctor and he told me I was probably having spasms.  It goes away as you continue to heal, but if you are unsure...call your doctor.  Good luck.

Most Active