Syntrax nectar shakes???!

Mandyymariee92
on 2/12/16 9:10 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

I recently purchased a sample pack of the syntrax nectar shakes, it came with 10 different kinds.. So far I have tried the roadside lemonade (which was good, way better than I expected), The Caribbean cooler and the grape... Those ones are so nasty!! I don't know what it is, but they taste really bad, It's almost like a chemical taste... Is it just me? I don't like the constant chocolate and vanilla that's why I figured id give these a try but so far (besides the lemonade)... YUCK.

White Dove
on 2/13/16 2:31 am - Warren, OH

That is why it was smart to buy samples and not get stuck with an expensive canister of something that you can't stand.  I like the Twisted Cherry, but everyone's tastes are different. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/16 3:20 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Oh yeah some of them are gross! A girlfriend of mine ordered some and they sent her the wrong flavors but didn't make her send them back to them for an exchange so she gave them to me. Green apple literally made me start heaving, it just tasted like food coloring and chemicals. And the strawberry kiwi was worse, so sickly sweet. Whitedove is right you were wise to order the sample pack. I know chocolate and vanilla get old. I personally will always stand by the chocolate I purchase because I like it most days, I use food flavoring (found in the baking aisle at the grocery store) to make mine different, or sometimes I put powdered peanut butter in mine it boosts the carbs a bit but also the protein so it's worth the trade off to me. Raspberry, orange and coconut food flavors are great in chocolate, orange and lemon are good in vanilla. Also sugar free syrups are great for changing the flavor but go easy on the amount because they really up the sweetness. Have you tried unflavored protein yet? I know Unjury makes one (I haven't tried that brand) and I get one called Biochem at Super Supplements which can be added to cooked foods or put in an already flavored drink (mixed with crystal lite is good and kinda has a jello flavor) to boost your protein. Just a few little tips from a slightly less new newbie. ;) 

rocky513
on 2/13/16 4:13 am - WI

The sweetness really bothered me early out from surgery.  I bought unflavored protein powder (Unjury makes a decent one) and made my shakes with the singles packets of Crystal Lite.  Now they have the water enhancers like Mio and Crush that would work too.  I could control the flavor and the sweetness.  I also made iced coffee with decaf instant coffee, stevia, unflavored protein powder and ice. Your tastes change a lot after surgery.  What you like before it, you may hate after.  

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Oneillch
on 2/13/16 3:04 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

With the exception of the Premier Protein pre-made shakes, I never used any shake mixes. I did, however make my own using unflavored Syntrax Nectar protein powder mixed in a blender with SF Cashew Or Almond milk, greek yogurt and ice. I flavored them with Torani syrup or added a tblsp of SF pudding mix (pistachio, vanilla, cheesecake or chocolate) and sometimes berries as well.  

cmp067
on 2/13/16 5:01 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

I really like the Grapefruit from Nectar, and also Quest Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel. They are all delicious! Protein shakes have come a long way since my surgery 4 years ago! Hooray!

MAchick
on 2/13/16 5:39 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I like the syntrax lemonade a lot, and their cappuccino latte that I mix in coffee. Their iced tea wasnt bad mixed with lots of ice, water, and a little extra iced tea crystal light.  Their pink grapefruit is pretty good too! Twisted cherry or fuzzy navel I liked mixed into plain Greek yogurt for a big protein boost, either plain or frozen into pops!

mrshorror
on 2/15/16 1:48 pm

I love some of the Nectar Sweets-- Strawberry Mousse and the Double Stuffed Cookie. I also recently purchased Syntrax Matrix in Peanut Butter Cookie and I'm in love. It comes with a bigger scoop, but I switch out and use the smaller scoop that comes with the Nectars to keep the powder closer to 100 calories per scoop.

Nutrition info on the Matrix PB Cookie, using the larger scoop-- 150 calories, 3g fat, 23g protein, 3mg sugar

It has "cookie bits" in it which I think causes the 3g fat and 3mg sugar. I prefer to use 6oz of unsweetened original PureAlmond milk instead of dairy, so for me it's a good compromise for a better tasting shake.

Most Active