What kinds of food to eat?

BREE_
on 5/2/16 2:51 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

So I'm a month and 2 weeks out and pretty much I've been eatting eggs eggs eggs sometimes tilapia and turkey but I'm getting tired of everything what else can I eat? 

NateH
on 5/2/16 3:02 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

Depends on your plan, first. But whatever you can eat:

Everything here: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com 

And refried beans. And hamburgers. And steak. Yum! There's so much you can eat, you just have to plan and prepare ahead. It's an adjustment, but one that is very rewarding once you figure out your plan. I'm actually enjoying food way more now than before. I count calories still so I make sure they all count! :) 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 5/2/16 3:56 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I had to look back into mfp to see what I was eating at six weeks.

Thinly sliced deli chicken, tuna with a wedge of laughing cow mixed in, smoked salmon (salmolux sea passion), cream of tomato protein soup with some ricotta cheese stirred in, pickled hard boiled egg yolks mixed in cottage cheese - sounds ick I know, lol but it was a craving I had

Not sure what deli meats you are allowed but I bought them chipped/shaved and they were easy to chew.

I'd cut a slice of cheese in half, make cheese crisps out of it and use it as the bread for the deli meat

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/2/16 4:17 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

At 6 weeks, I was cleared for most foods. I actually had a very hard time with eggs, so I avoided them.

• Greek yogurt
  • Baked fish
  • Tuna salad
  • Canned chunk chicken
  • Ground beef with tomato sauce
  • Chicken thighs melted with shredded cheese and salsa
  • Frozen meatballs

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

lisapelly
on 5/3/16 5:46 am

I remember at that point making meatballs a lot...they were the perfect size and you can make so many varieties.  Buffalo chicken meatballs were and still are my favorite.  But today for lunch I brought the usual Italian with marinara and a little cheese but I make meatballs of all kinds....my friends have started to tease me about how often I make meatballs.

Most Active