One week post op - I'm grumpy!

obioxiupa
on 5/2/16 3:42 pm

I went back to work half time today - I was so grumpy.  And I got irritated with my husband when he came home for lunch!  What is wrong with me?

on the surgery side of things - I'm one week post op.  I weighed today, I'm down 7 pounds since sugary, 27 pounds in total.  Yeah!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 5/2/16 4:01 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I think there are hormonal changes going on.. there are a lot of posts about it.

I used "mood swings" and hormonal changes" to get results.

I wasn't crabby but I cried when my mom made something I couldn't have for dinner one night.. lol

There are times when I get more upset than the situation calls for and I still struggle with that.. but at least I realize it's me and I need to take a step back and go for a walk or whatever. 

obioxiupa
on 5/2/16 4:06 pm

Thanks for ringing in its nice to know its not just me.  I need to figure out other coping mechanisms.

Wordsmith
on 5/2/16 4:14 pm

I read that fat cells contain estrogen and as the weight comes off, estrogen is released and moodiness can result. 

I'm only 4 days out from surgery, and I'm finding it difficult to remain upbeat and excited. I'm just taking it one moment at a time.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/2/16 4:18 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Search for "hormone dump."

At one week post-op, you're still healing. You're probably tired and sore, and between pain and lower calories, that's enough to make anybody grumpy.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

slahera28
on 5/2/16 4:23 pm, edited 5/3/16 12:01 am
VSG on 04/27/16

I noticed myself snapping back at my boyfriend today. And I feel bad for him. I'm 5 days out and I feel like an old person walking through the store and trying to drive. No one on the  YouTube videos I watch have said that they feel grumpy. They left that out

Good luck. I'm down 11 yippee for us. 

HW: 276 SW: 243.6 CW: 217 GW: 140

Starry Eyed
on 5/2/16 4:50 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

There's nothing wrong with you!  Last week (at 1 week post-op) I broke out in tears because I wanted to be able to sleep in my bed and not the couch  (it hurt to lie flat for a few days so our bumpy couch did the trick!).  It will pass!  p.s. little tip- use a body pillow if you like to sleep on your side, it helps!

High Weight: 307 Start Weight: 297 (11/5/15) Surgery Weight: 278 (4/20/16) Pre-Op: (-19) M1: (-24) M2: (-8) M3: (-10) M4: (-9) M5: (-7) M6: (-6) M7: (-7) M8: (-5) M9: (-4) M10: (-3) M11: (-5) CW: 185

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

obioxiupa
on 5/2/16 4:52 pm

Thanks for the tip - I've been sleeping on the couch too!

Jibledoe
on 5/2/16 5:56 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Totally understand it I went back today after a month off and I snapped at everyone that called me and in general everyone in the office, even though I brought food I only had shakes because they were easier to get in. In the first couple weeks I had several meltdowns.

congrats on the loss so far! 

Aurorasw
on 5/2/16 7:03 pm
VSG on 04/26/16

I can totally relate. I am 6 days post op. My husband and children are eating delicious meals sent over by neighbor's and friends. My husband bought all the wrong groceries today and I felt like crying all day. I am still very sore and sick of shakes. I feel very useless and can't do much still. I can't imagine going back to work yet. I feel exhausted after folding laundry!! I expected to feel much better at this point. I am sorry that it has been difficult for you as well. Hoping each day it gets easier. I just keep thinking that I can't really eat much for the next 3 weeks!! Seems impossible!!!:( 

Most Active