GRAZING is a Killer

Kris R.
on 5/3/16 6:27 am - Walworth, NY

OK, so Grazing is a killer - Yesterday, I knew exactly what I was going to eat.  I'm at work, and bring everything with me, so it isn't complicated.  However, it was gone by noon.  My lunch, my snack, my protein drink, my veggies, all gone.  Then when I got home, of course I thought I was starving and poof.  the grazing began.  Until dinner, which I ate and then went for my walk and of course, dishes and picking up and sure as crap, I stuffed something in my mouth.

The killer was, I wasn't even hungry, I was just picking and I know better.  

I was so mad at myself for yesterday that I swore today would be different.  So, today, I started out with my smoothie and then I put my lunch in the fridge (so I can't eat it unless I get up) - I also set my timer on my phone, to track how fast I drink my shake - and, my veggies are still in the car.  So not only do I have to get up, but I have to leave the building.  

Grazing got me into this mess and I know it will sabotage me if I don't get it under control.  So this is me, in CONTROL!!!!

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

MzJuJu
on 5/3/16 6:38 am

Good  for you 

acbbrown
on 5/3/16 9:14 am - Granada Hills, CA

Grazing is my number one pitfall. I have an app where every time I eat, I answer a list of questions about how I'm feeling physically/mentally/emotionally. I see trends about situations and feelings that cause me to eat. I have had to learn to deal with life so that I'm not reaching for food. It's hard but it's critical. Sometimes you have to white knuckle through it but once you develop tools and coping skills it gets much much easier. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/16 10:32 am

Name of app please! 

Grim_Traveller
on 5/3/16 1:11 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Grazing is the worst habit. And since none of us seem to graze on dense protein, it's almost always grazing on crappy carbs, too.

Good luck. It's good that you recognize the issue. That's a big step.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/3/16 5:51 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Grazing is the hardest thing for me to avoid, particularly on the weekends.  I find structure with my food during the week as I'm busy, but the weekends seem to be nothing but temptation to graze.  It's stalling my weight loss like a mofo.

You are almost three months post op.  Please try to get this bad habit under control while you're enjoying the most productive time of weight loss.  I know it's not easy.  We all have issues with food.  They never completely go away.

You can do this.  Good luck 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sandra F.
on 5/4/16 6:02 am

I think that anyone who at one point was obese will agree that grazing is a huge issue.  I know that it was and continues to be an issue for me that I fight every single day.  It is the reason that I haven't yet made it to goal.  Good for you for recognizing the problem and correcting it.  I want the name of the app too!

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 8:47 am
VSG on 04/18/16

hey you know I'm going through this exact same thing!!! dammit it's the guilt that weighs more in my stomach and constant fear of stretching my pouch!!! I'm so gonna follow your plan!!! good luck!

Most Active