Post op video just made

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/26/16 7:08 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

just made this video and put on my new YouTube channel 

feel free to take a look. Still haven't gotten to walk :( ran out of space on phone so it cut out 

https://youtu.be/ME3L1ZNAld4

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

SoCalDee
on 5/26/16 7:47 pm
VSG on 06/24/16

Great video.... thanks so much for posting it. You are pretty amazing to do that from your hospital bed!

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

Darcy G.
on 5/26/16 8:21 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

You're looking so much better than I did at that time! I looked like Uncle Fester with messy purple hair!

Good call asking for another nurse to assist getting up. My nurses tried very hard to help, but it wasn't until a few days later when the physical therapist dropped by that I learned how to get up without bed rails or helpers.

This is how they had me get up:

1. Roll onto my side at bed's edge
  2. Kick my legs out over the edge like an L shape
  3. Lift with my elbow as by legs acted like a counterweights to pull me up.

They might have another protocol, but it really helped me until my C.diff became more painful than the surgery and rolling to my side became torture :)

Congratulations on a successful surgery! Hope recovery iis speedy and uneventful :)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/26/16 8:25 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ya... That's how I got up. My bed is broke, go figure. Back won't elevate up. Had to push self up on elbow... And down the same way. Just did a nice walk... Hurt a little but nothing awful 

just glad to have gotten up

my biggest complaint is my throat and how sore it is. Says she doesn't think I can have a losanges :(

Tizzles
on 5/26/16 11:36 pm

You probably can't have any throat lozenges. It's from the intubation during surgery..it's a pain in the butt. You just have to deal with it the best you can with ice chips until they let you start drinking something. It should be a bit better tomorrow. Glad you're doing well. Keep us updated!

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/16 9:19 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

Awesome! Looking good. Can't wait to see what else you post later! 

KattattaK
on 5/27/16 7:44 am

Congratulations on your surgery! Thanks for sharing this!! 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/27/16 8:42 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Day 2 video :) 

https://youtu.be/G4kJXL9I4sQ

Most Active