Pre Op annoyances and Surgery Delays

WatchKittyShrink
on 6/29/16 5:39 am
VSG on 06/15/16

So I should have been getting my surgery date yesterday.

Instead I got call saying they forgot one step to my process. I have to go take a nicotine test today, which is fine, I've never smoked, so I'm not worried about the results.

HOWEVER. It takes 7-10 days to get the results back. SOOOOO at least another week maybe 2 since there is a Holiday next week before I get a date. Then of course at least a two week liquid diet. So that's putting surgery at the earliest the end of July.  There is a week in August that I can't do it because I'll be out of town on a non-refundable vacation. So I'm worried my surgery will be pushed back til September sometime, since my surgeon is so busy.

I don't blame my surgeon's office- I know they are busy. I'm just annoyed and disappointed.

I'm also worried about staying on this low carb diet until then. I wouldn't be in this place of needing WLS if I was great at sticking to diets for the long haul. LOL  (I should note that I am self pay so I'm not on a medically supervised diet-just required to lose 5% of my body weight and not gain any weight).

I know after surgery I will still be on a diet, I just think it will be some easier with only 20% of my stomach.

I'm just disappointed and ranting. I'm still so grateful for this opportunity!

White Dove
on 6/29/16 6:15 am - Warren, OH

I would take this as a sign to just put the surgery off until after vacation.  You may well be miserable on your vacation if you take it so soon after surgery.  Most people feel very tired and often a bit nauseated for the first four to six weeks after surgery. 

If it were me, I would enjoy the vacation first and have surgery to look forward to when you return.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active