Purees tomorrow!

jesuiscrystal
on 7/25/16 8:47 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

Never thought I'd be glad to start purees.

Today is my birthday, and it was hard but not unbearable. Like many, my birthdays have always meant cake and a celebration meal. Well tonight, I decided to reward myself with some Taco Bell pintos and cheese a few hours early. I think I *may* have eaten maybe 1/3. Two weeks ago that bowl would've been licked clean before we made it out of the drive through. 

I've got the usual suspects lined up for tomorrow, and I'm armed with a Magic Bullet. Anyone have any exciting recipes to share?

Anita
on 7/25/16 9:58 pm

Congrats!!!! I know the feeling (I'm 7 weeks out from surgery) and it made me chuckle when I was excited about purees....and then found out the same as you that I could only consume a fraction of what used to be just the start of a meal.......these days I've been looking at recipes and I think my head has finally caught up with my new stomach and I find that I'm not as interested in food as I used to be.....hopefully it stays that way. I'm losing slowly, but I am losing!!

Sorry that I don't really have any recipes to share right now....I had promised myself that tonight (or actually last night) that I would definitely go to bed early.........well, it's 1 AM.....blew it again! Hopefully tomorrow night????

Best of everything to you.....you're doing great.

I'll be watching this thread in case someone posts a fabulous recipe that I can't resist.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

jesuiscrystal
on 7/26/16 3:09 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

In trying to figure out what to add to tuna (I'm not much of a mayo fan on the best day, and I cannot do ff mayo.), I came across the idea to mix cottage cheese and tuna. I love both, so I did it for lunch. It was actually kind of amazing. Highly recommend.

luvmypuggies
on 7/25/16 10:58 pm

Happy Birthday!! :)

Check out a blog called "The World According to Eggface" - she's got loads and loads of info and recipes for various stages of recovery.  Don't miss the ricotta bake! 

jesuiscrystal
on 7/26/16 3:09 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

Thank you! That ricotta bake sounds great. I'm going to make it very soon.

luvmypuggies
on 7/26/16 3:24 pm

When you're able to eat a bit more solid food, try it with some Italian seasoning (or whatever you like) and some turkey pepperoni - it's a lot like pizza without the crust. Yummers! :)

JTomo08
on 7/26/16 1:32 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

It is exciting at first but gets old fast. I  can't wait to get to soft food (next week!). Happy Birthday! My birthday was this past Friday. My mom bought me a super tiny thing of ice cream....sugar free, dairy free, etc. LOL. Don't even know if I want to try it.

jesuiscrystal
on 7/26/16 3:11 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

Dairy free ice cream? I wouldn't trust it. 

JTomo08
on 7/26/16 7:47 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

HAHA I don't know why I said Dairy, I meant lactose. How I mixed that up I don't know!

Anita
on 7/26/16 4:20 pm

I forgot one of my faves.......sorry, when I answered last night, my brain was rapidly going into neutral.

An old weigh****chers recipe was toast with cottage cheese with cinnamon and artificial sweetener sprinkled on it, then put under the toaster broiler. Since toast is a no-no (at least for now), I just have the cottage cheese (cold) with the cinnamon and stevia......it's a nice easy breakfast or lunch....I've even had it for dinner a few times in this hot weather......and now that I've graduated further, I sometimes add a few blueberries or strawberries.

I forgot about that site EggFace ......there are some absolutely fabulous recipes there and I think I'm going to try that ricotta bake tonight because I have all those items in my fridge.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Most Active