Chicken Noodle Soup the day before surgery

GlitterBug25
on 8/21/16 3:27 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

Hi everyone! Ive got surgery in the morning and my preop instructions were to have a light breaskfast, soup for lunch and broth for dinner as ell as clear liquids. My question is weather or not chicken noodle soup is ok for my lunch option since it has noodles in it. I chewed it all well and actually only had 2 or 3 bits before freaking myself out that maybe i shouldnt be having it and only drank the broth. What do you guys think?? Should i be ok? Thank you in advance!

Curvvychrissy
on 8/21/16 4:09 pm
VSG on 08/15/16

Based on the instructions you posted, it sounds like you followed directions. If the surgeon only told you soup and not clear liquids only you should be fine.  Every surgeon is different, I was on a clear liquid diet for two days prior to surgery. On the day of the surgery, I was asked about my last meal and the time I stopped all liquids and so on. 

Anyways, I am wishing well wishes for tomorrow. 

High weight:310

Mo 1: 30

GlitterBug25
on 8/21/16 5:06 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

Thank you CurvvyChrissy! :)

califsleevin
on 8/21/16 7:09 pm - CA

You should be fine - if they didn't tell you to do clear liquids before dinner, you are in the clear (so to speak.) If they were to play with your intestines as well, like with an RNY or DS, they would probably have you on clear liquids the entire day before surgery, and possibly a clean out regimen that afternoon/evening. Most stomach procedures only require no solids after midnight, so they are being conservative with their clear liquid dinner. Rejoice - some programs have their patients on liquids for weeks before surgery for some reason.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views