New to posting...lurking for a while!

notsureinL_A
on 9/23/16 9:45 am

Hi, 

So...I've been lurking and reading and learning for a while.  I am 39 years old, 5'5" and weigh 239.  I thought my husband was against WLS so I was always afraid to mention it.  We have had friends that had it done, and he always seemed a little negative about it.  So, one day I bit the bullet...he said ok.  And then I kick myself for being so nervous about asking him!!  I am cash pay, doing it here at home.  So it was a chunk of money I wanted to spend.  So long story short...I'm having VSG October 4th!!!  

Freaking out, elated, scared, excited, and about 100 other emotions running through my head at this time.  

Started preop diet yesterday.  Already quit drinking cokes/carbonated beverages.  Low fat til the 30th then liquids.  

Kathy S.
on 9/23/16 10:01 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!   ??

We are glad that you have joined our community.  Be sure and check out the tutorial that appears when you log in.  As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.

We suggest you upload an avatar, fill in your surgery type, date and surgeon.  If you need help let me know    If you have not done so, let us get to know you by adding some information on your profile "about me" section.  

Here are some links to information you may find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

We can't wait to hear from you post-op!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

rachelp
on 9/23/16 12:03 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

Welcome! You've come to the right place! Stick around and you will learn everything you need to know. Use the search function for past topics that will probably answer questions you may have.

Good Luck!! 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

notsureinL_A
on 9/23/16 12:27 pm

Thank y'all!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/23/16 1:28 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I was in a similar spot with my husband. He'd made a few comments in the past about surgery being a bad option, and I was nervous to tell him that I was seriously considering it. In the end, he trusted that I was making the right decision based on my doctors' opinions, but yeah it was kind of scary.

Turns out that he's really proud of me, and he does a lot of little things to help me be successful, so it totally worked out. And hopefully it'll go smoothly for you too!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Arjeffries
on 9/23/16 2:42 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

Best decision you will ever make!

Tempestt
on 9/23/16 4:46 pm
VSG on 09/07/16

Welcome! I'm 2 weeks and 2 days post op and no regrets!

Sleeve September 7, 2016

5' 3"; Highest Weight/Program Start Weight: 256.6 lbs.; Surgery Weight: 214.6 lbs. Goal Weight: 145

"A year from now you will wish you started today." - Karen Lamb

Anita
on 9/23/16 7:45 pm

Welcome......and best of everything on your journey to a healthier you. You will find all sorts of support here, so for sure you've come to the right place. We're happy to help in any way possible and of course if you ask a question that is better answered by your medical team, you can be certain that that is the advice you'll get from the forum members.....if you're asking about recipes, how did people feel, what were their concerns, what to bring to the hospital, etc............you'll get the answers.

Try not to freak out......your feelings are pretty normal for people making life changing decisions....and don't apologize, we understand and empathize with what you're going through.

October 4th will be here before you know it and then you too can be called a Loser.....maybe outside our forum world it's not a good name to be called, but here it's good!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/25/16 3:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great that you've made this decision! Last year at this time was when I started seriously contemplating it after researching the options.  I didn't say anything to my husband until I went to the first introductory meeting.  He was nervous but supportive. The psychologist at the surgeons office recommended Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies.  My husband read it after I did and that got him fully on-board.  Best decision I ever made!  

Good luck, and keep reading here on OH.  It is a great source of information! 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

notsureinL_A
on 9/25/16 11:58 am

Thank y'all so much!!

Day 4 of pre-op still going good.  Friday starts the all liquid phase and I'm sure that will be a little rough.  But I'm gonna survive doggone it!  

I know now it will be worth it in the long run.

Most Active