Constipation, Fibers, Quest Bars .... suggestions?

deno
on 10/19/16 7:45 am

Hi folks,

I have about about a month I have added bars in my diet. I started with Paleo bars but now I moved to Quest and the main reason is because they have around 12-15gr of fibers. I have had a huge deficit of fibers and I have had constant constipation (unless I had to use Miralax daily, which I would like to avoid)

The result: I am having less problems with constipation, and I am feeling far away better eating these bars daily. They are delicious too :D

The problem: I think the weight loss has slowed down. Probably its not from bars, I have already lost 170lb in 6 months ... it should slow anyway .... but it could be from bars too.

What do you suggest, to keep eating them or not? 

emelar
on 10/19/16 8:32 am - TX

As long as they fit in your daily calories, I don't think they're a problem.  Remember to keep some good fat in your diet as well.  Adding a lot of fiber without a lot of water and a good amount of fat will do you no good, and will even worsen the constipation.

OR you can always eat a handful of sugar free Haribo gummy bears or sugar free Halls cough drops.  The sugar alcohols in those babies will have you on the john in a few hours....seriously!

The Gummy Bear Cleanse

rachelp
on 10/19/16 9:16 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Have you looked those up on Amazon and read the comments? OMG they are the funniest and will make you laugh for days!!!

Anita
on 10/19/16 9:07 am

WOW....170 pounds in 6 months!!! Fantastic!!!!

If you like the Quest bars and they fit into your program, I can't imagine that they would be a problem.

Other than that.....any particular flavor of those bars that are your favorites? I've never had them. Where do you buy them?

Thanks!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

deno
on 10/19/16 9:57 am

Anita,

Its actually six and a half :D, but still amazing experience. Now I am loosing somewhere around 12-15lb/month which is fine and I am good with that. I wanted to slow down too because I am noticing other small issues every day like being dizzy when I stand up, having butt pain when I stay sitt, constipation etc ... So I rather lose less but put things in order :). In the other side I work out 3-4 times a week and run or walk 3 miles a day. I have also build a lot of muscles (I never had muscles lol). I have increased calories intake up to 1000/day by adding the bar and I just worry if this will slow down even more going forward (if I still lose around 15lb/month I am still on track)

I like a few of them, but my favorite Quest Smores. I love it. I like chocolate chip and coockie dough too. I buy them in amazon, using amazon prime with free delivery.

Thanks
D.

Anita
on 10/19/16 10:03 am

Thanks.....will have to check them out. I'm down 43 pounds since June 6.....and I'm thrilled. I have another 7 to go to be in Onederland and I hope to do it by my 71st birthday on November 3.

deno
on 10/19/16 10:05 am

71??? No way!!!! You look 41 :D

Well, I have another 80lb to be in Onderland ... and it is going to be a lot of work (I am 6.3 tall so for me is getting harder)

Anita
on 10/19/16 10:46 am

LOL.....I think I love you! Actually that picture was taken when I was a mere child of 66 or 67........

I'm 5'1", so even 7 pounds makes a big difference. The good thing is that none of my clothes fit.....they all hang off me.

Grim_Traveller
on 10/19/16 12:11 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I was where you are. At 6'3" I was losing 14-16 pounds a month after month six. I was down in onederland before 12 months.

Some love the bsrs, some hste them. I've used them, and they cause mr no problems. If you log your food closely, you can adjust. If they slow your loss, back off. If they work, great.

With 80 to lose, be careful of adding calories. Get the weight off now. Soon. It will never be as easy to lose as it is right now.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

deno
on 10/19/16 12:41 pm

Thank you for your advice sir. I should be more careful with calories. I plan to see the weight next two weeks; if i see a significant slow down, I will back iff.

Most Active