Yes. I am one of those who uses my scale like it's a step class.

Lipsticklady
on 1/19/17 7:37 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I am on and off it 3-456 times a day.  First thing in the morning, last thing at night.  Pee?  Yup.  Poop?  Yup.  Nekkid?  Yup.  Not nekkid?  Yup.  I swear I should count it as a stair master.

My thing?  The weight fluctuation rarely bothers me.  It didn't as a fat person, it doesn't as a not fat person.  

Yet -- it bothered me today.  I have gained 8 pounds since September.  I am determined to get them off.  I have been great this week and when I got on the scale this evening, I was 6 pounds down from my 8.  I peed, got back on the scale and was only 4 down.

:thud:

Am I the only person in the world who's pee is made of helium?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Rachel B.
on 1/19/17 8:32 pm, edited 1/19/17 12:32 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I don't know about helium pee, but every morning I get up and go potty.  I strip off EVERYTHING and get up and down and up and down and up and down until I have 3 matching weights!  Some days it only takes me 3 times.  Sometimes it's 8 or more.  Sometimes I take a potty break in the middle.  Sometimes I don't even pick the lowest weight, but the middle if it's too inconsistent...

But NEVER after anything has gone in my mouth.  Then it's up at least six pounds if not 20!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Notaboutperfect
on 1/19/17 8:55 pm
VSG on 11/08/16

That's crazy!  Maybe stop peeing?  LOL

I have no advice, but I'm sending support vibes. You're one of my fav success gurus!

McLassie
on 1/19/17 11:00 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Hahaha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who weighs myself before and after going to the bathroom!

Anita
on 1/19/17 11:41 pm

me too....and before and after my shower too

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Pond Jumper
on 1/20/17 9:27 am - Calgary, Canada
VSG on 07/10/17

Oooh, never after a shower, I seem to absorb tha****er like a sponge! 

Referral to CABSC: Aug 2016 (weight 267.4lbs) Orientation (Online): Sept 2016 Intake Assessment: Oct 2016 Nutritionist: Nov 2016 Psych: Dec 2016 Nutritionist: Jan 2017 Surgery Info Class: Feb 2017 Nurse Practitioner: Feb 2017 Meet the Surgeon: Mar 2017 (weight 225lbs) Surgery Prep Class: April 2017 Nurse Practitioner Check in: May 2017 (weight 221lbs) Endoscope: May17th 2017 Surgery: July 10th 2017

Pre-op: 52lbs; Post-op: M1: 14lbs, M2: 10lbs, M3: 5lbs, M4: 6lbs, M5: 2lbs (stall), M6: 4lbs, M7: 5lbs, M8:6lbs, M9:5lbs, M10:4lbs, M11:4lbs

Anita
on 1/20/17 9:34 am

I can't figure it out...for some reason I seem to weigh a few ounces less after a shower........and please believe me when I say I don't get that dirty in less than 24 hours..............it's kind of like a challenge.

Jester
on 1/20/17 10:12 am
RNY on 03/21/16

I thought I was the only one that regularly lost weight in the shower!!  Haha.  Not always, but yes, many times I am also a few ounces lighter after a shower.  Weird.

I'm with LL - I weigh a lot.  I'm a data guy and I like to see the fluctuations.  They often become predictable, and actually help to ease my mind.  I am the lightest in the morning, a pound or two heavier after work, and invariably at my heaviest right before bed.  Like clockwork!

Some could call it obsessive, but like LL said, I don't see it as a problem because it doesn't bother me.  I enjoy it as part of my daily ritual.  What drives me nuts is when I'm out of town and don't have access to a scale - throws off my daily mojo.

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 7:25 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 20, 2017 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time, McLassie wrote:

Hahaha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who weighs myself before and after going to the bathroom!

Hmmm.  How much DID that poop weigh?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Anita
on 1/19/17 11:43 pm

I had to laugh when I read your post......I thought I was the only one who does this.............now after reading the rest of the answers here I'm relieved that I'm not much different from everyone else........I thought I was crazy..........seems that I have lots of good company.

Most Active