Whatcha eating today? Monday, 1/23/2017

Gwen M.
on 1/23/17 5:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I have about a billion things I need to do today, but the only thing I MUST do today is finish my paper for my class in the next 4 hours, so that's what I'll be working on.  Once I fini**** I'll need to see where to start with everything else!  I had an amazing weekend.  Two of my oldest/longest friends escaped DC to spend the weekend in the suburbs at my home, along with their 3 year old.  Then we went to the rally/march on Saturday.  It's funny - if I had done this 5 years ago the experience would have been miserable and I'd have hated my body for days afterward.  On Sunday morning?  I felt great.  My hips are a little sore from having to stabilize so much (standing while getting bonked) but that's it.  Thank you, weight loss, for letting me participate in my democracy through protest!  

And, when I stepped on the scale this morning after not weighing since friends arrived on Thursday night (because the scale is in a place that is not acceptable to be naked in when non-partners are around!) I had lost three pounds!!  So yay.  :)

1: protein shake
2: meatballs
3: no idea as "meal plan" is on the list of things to think about after I finish my paper.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga

How about you on this lovely Monday?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 1/23/17 5:58 am, edited 1/23/17 10:03 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

WOW!!!  I'm so happy for you, being able to take part in the protest!  Gaining and Maintaining Our Democracy!  And losing THREE POUNDS in the process!!!! 

I dropped another 0.9 from last week to this week, so I am not complaining!  My weight is creeping off, but its ok by me.  I think its part of the lesson I didn't learn the first time.  I'm much more fit now.  I'm not going to run any marathons (hardware in my knee).  But I am much healthier inside and out this time.

ARM DAY

AM/B: Luscious Coffee (90g 1%milk, 40g SF 5 sparrows white mocha, 55g SF Torani peppermint syrup)

S: red grapefruit

L: 59g chicken breast & 54g quinoa

S: Premier Protein Vanilla

D: 4-6 oz ribeye steak(brought half home) and 2 mini-jalapeno cornbread muffins at Horseshoe Grill

Water & Vites (1/2 water done at gym this morning)

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Chesa67
on 1/23/17 8:44 am

What are your favorite protein bars?

Rachel B.
on 1/23/17 10:21 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Power Crunch Protein Energy Bars by BioNutritional Research Group.  They only have 13 or 14g protein per bar, but they are like the ones I used to love when I first went through surgery - OH YEAH! Wafer protein bars.  They have a little satisfaction for my sweet tooth.  I have been using premier protein bars too.  My mum got some quest bars, but their texture is a bit gnarly to me.  

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

AD_Jordan
on 1/23/17 1:43 pm

I bake the Quest bars into little cookies. I think I saw it on eggface's site.  They seem to taste better after a couple days in a ziploc bag. YMMV. :)

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Rachel B.
on 1/23/17 7:09 pm, edited 1/23/17 11:10 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I got some GButter I have yet to try...

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Chesa67
on 5/4/17 9:19 pm

I really like the Premier Protein bars!!

Stacy_WLS
on 1/23/17 7:09 am

Well I have been overwhelmed lately.  I think I just have so much going on in my life.  The problem is that I do not want to give anything up.  I forced myself to chill out last night.  Aside from a little erand and cooking dinner, I forced myself to chill out last night.  It was needed, but sitting still is becoming hard for me.  

My weight loss has slowed, per the plan, but irritating to my crazy self, but good for my healthy self.  I'm shooting for 0.5 - 1 lb per week from here on out.  

Back to work today -- and there is a lot to do!  

B - fit frappe & coffee

L - leftover chinese - chicken, rice, pot sticker (get ready to see this here for days!)

S - fliptz yogurt from aldi (super stocked for this -- coffee break flavor) + perhaps a protein shake or latte depending on how the afternoon goes

D - thinking chicken burgers -- chicken breast is too dense for hubby, so going to turn my chicken breast into ground chicken and make burdgers + brussel sprouts & maybe a salad

S - cottage cheese & berries (weird - I am not loving aldi cottage cheese, costco's just tastes better to me)

E - crossfit of course :) - squats and metcon fun

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

KittyKarin
on 1/23/17 8:04 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Happy Monday! I'm the same as everyone else... I have a ton to day today and work is super busy! Ugh, just gotta power through! I had a great weekend also;  my cousin's bridal shower went really well and some family I hadn't seen for a long time. It was nice hearing how good I looked again... after a while, people who see you all the time forget how you used to look! :-) 

B: 2 scrambled eggs with onion

L: low carb turkey chili with cheese

D:  Grilled Pork chop (3 to 4 oz), brussel sprouts and maybe some halo top 

Snacks: Babybel cheese and maybe a yogurt

Exercise: Easy 2 mile run and weights.  Yesterday I did 4 miles outside (usually I run on the treadmill cus I have to work out after work when it's dark) and conquered a MASSIVE hill that I have never been able to run all the way up before! However, I am SORE today so gonna take it easy on my legs! 

Have a great day!! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

yvonnef1964
on 1/23/17 8:29 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning, 

I had a productive weekend,  i cleaned both bedroom's closets and got rid of alot of stuff to goodwill and the trash.

B egg whites with spinach,  red pepper,  ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cheesy chicken chili and green beans 

D pork loin and beets 

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange 

Have a great day 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views