Fallen off the wagon in more ways than one

ipray
on 1/23/17 7:50 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Hello dear friends, It has been a long time since I have posted as I am embarrassed to admit that I have fallen off the wagon.  Not only have I started drinking more (I am a wino and have always loved my wine) but have added carbs back in to see if I can handle them and I am also way over eating my sleeve.  I have gained about 15 pounds which I know is not a game changer, but I am on a very dangerous track and can't seem to mentally get back on track.  I think I can get it back together by going back to the basics, but I jus****ched My 600 lb. Life and they mentioned that you can stretch out your sleeve by over eating.  Is this true?  If so, if it is stretched out, can it go bounce back by losing the weight again? (I was so proud of reaching my goal.  This is such a nightmare and such an endless cycle for me).

Hiraeth
on 1/23/17 8:07 pm
VSG on 08/04/16

Many people will probably disagree with me, but I wouldn't give you this advice unless I have heard it work several times. Google pouch reset. You don't have to do it, but at least look into it.

ipray
on 1/23/17 8:36 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you so much! In reading the information concerning the pouch reset, it has reminded me of how hard I worked to get to my goal to begin with.  If I was able to lose once, I should be able to lose again. To those that think that reaching your goal is the end game, you are sadly mistaken. You need to always keep your head in the game or you will end up on the same path that led you to your weight gain to begin with. I wish there were more and better mental health alternatives specifically for the obese, as I believe obesity is a product of trauma of some sort  I have seeked helped, but haven't found the answer yet. God Bless!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/24/17 5:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Forget about the pouch reset, its a fad., its temporary. You're not resetting anything. The pouch reset is more of a mental thing than anything you're physically doing to your sleeve. You can't recapture the days after surgery when you can eat 2 bites & feel full, those days are over.

Go back to the basics, protein, dense protein, not bars & shakes. Eat dense protein first, followed by some carbs from veggies, & you'll get yourself back on track & don't forget your water. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Hiraeth
on 1/24/17 8:18 am
VSG on 08/04/16

You're welcome! Like I said, many people won't agree with me about the pouch reset. But I've talked to several Nutritionists in my area after doing research, and they think it's a good idea to try it. Good luck! :)

Gwen M.
on 1/24/17 4:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

a) We don't have a pouch.

b) Eating dense protein is a much better option than reverting to unfilling liquids.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/24/17 5:13 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You can't reset a pouch. At 1 point your stomach is fully matured, you can't recapture the days of eating 2 bites of food & feeling full, those days are long gone. The pouch reset is more of a mental thing than anything you're physically doing to your pouch/sleeve.

Looking into fads is a nice read, but at some point you have to give it up & concentrate on the lifestyle change the surgery requires. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

ipray
on 1/24/17 8:20 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I need to reset my lifestyle and put my head back in the game again.  Thank you!!!

Oneillch
on 1/23/17 8:23 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

WHOA! Put on the breaks & as you say get back to basics. You know what they are & don't worry about what they say on tv. Start weighing, measuring & tracking what you're eating & plan your day out ahead of time. Quit the wine & concentrate on omitting the carbs and getting in your protein.

You're not alone. I'm also trying to lose some extra pounds (put on over the holidays) in addition to dealing with some bumps in the road that life had thrown my way (my daughter was in a car accident & mom was in the hospital all within a week). Thank heavens that everyone is now ok, but  it's time to concentrate on me again. Damn those carbs! 

Most importantly, be kind to yourself. It may take a week or so, but you'll get back to it.

ipray
on 1/23/17 8:44 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

God bless you! YES, I REALLY NEED TO PUT ON THE BREAKS! When I really put it into perspective of what others are dealing with, my problems are minimal. Thank you for reminding me that life doesn't always go the way you want it to and snapping me out of my pity party! (I live in the past and can't seem to let it go). Thank you again!

Most Active