What rule(s) do you not follow?

Hiraeth
on 1/20/17 10:53 am
VSG on 08/04/16

So, I thought of making this thread today because, unfortunately, I'm not following ALL the rules. But, I do plan on doing better. This is a process, and I continue to grow and learn daily.

This thread is for those of us who are not following all the rules after WLS. This is not a thread about judgment, but acknowledging the issue, getting support for the issue, and trying to fix it.

So far, I am not following only two rules: I am not taking my iron pills (keep forgetting to buy them, but am buying them today), and I am not refraining from drinking water during my meals. I don't know why, but I enjoy eating when I have some kind of drink with my meals. 

I know this is a problem that I have to change. Today, I already began trying to eat without drinking water, and instead, waiting an hour before I drink anything. I slipped up once out of habit, but I have a lot of hope that I will get better at it.

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 10:57 am
VSG on 05/14/13

Doing what I enjoyed rather than what I SHOULD do was what got me to 264 pounds.  Doing what I SHOULD do (and ultimately getting used to it) got me back to 150.  

Where would you rather be?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Hiraeth
on 1/20/17 11:37 am
VSG on 08/04/16

I agree! That's why I'm acknowledging the issues. I did so much better today, by only taking a sip (out of habit). I figured it would be much harder. I also just purchased myself some iron pills. :)

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 1:18 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Good for you!!  Acknowledgement is a HUGE first step.  Now.  Stop bringing a glass of anything to the table and you won't be able to take a sip.  

And on the iron pills?  Did you get some stool softener, too?  I'm telling you.  Those pills make my poo power null and void.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Hiraeth
on 1/20/17 1:30 pm
VSG on 08/04/16

That is exactly what I will do! Thanks!

I got myself some Benefiber, because my bowel movements were only happening 1-2 times each week, and that's without the iron pills. I hope Benefiber is able to keep up.

NHPOD9
on 1/22/17 6:53 am

Actually, the Benefiber may make things worse. You have to drink a ton of water to get any results, otherwise, you'll find yourself even more backed up. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Hiraeth
on 1/23/17 7:29 am
VSG on 08/04/16

My surgeon recommended it. I hope it doesn't back me up. :/

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/17 11:19 am

Realizing that you are doing something wrong and admitting it is a good thing. 

One thing that helped me was putting a timer on my phone to remind me I could drink after a hour after eating.

Drinking after or during meals was hard for me to break. I know if I do it I will go back up to 322 pounds. 

Hiraeth
on 1/20/17 11:40 am
VSG on 08/04/16

It really is a challenge. I never realized how much I love drinking water with my meals, until a few weeks after surgery when I was able to eat solid food again. It's just so refreshing to drink and eat at the same time! But I know with discipline, I can get used to doing it the right way. :)

Teena D.
on 1/20/17 11:43 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I've been doing this! It's amazing how quickly 30 minutes goes by. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!