Kind of disappointed in my tummy tuck

lessofme123
on 9/22/16 8:08 pm

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift  on June 15 and I had some complications with an area of necrosis. Now I have a large hard bulge in the middle of my tummy just above the scar line. It makes my stomach pooch out. I am really pretty disappointed and at this point am not sure the whole thing was with the cost and downtime. Has anyone else had this happen? I got back for a recheck in a couple of weeks. The doctor has mentioned that he may do something to fix that area. I just don't know if I want to go through another recovery and ifthe results will be any better.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/23/16 2:46 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

At 6th months, my facial ps was so bad that I am reporting dr to med rev board.  People say it takes a year for everything to level out.  I hope that at a year I feel better about the experience.   Things do take time - will yours improve over time? Keep your protein up at 100 gms for good healing.

Sharon

Leslie W.
on 9/23/16 5:49 am - Cobourg, Canada

Unfortunately healing issues can occur. Tt is a pretty drastic surgery when you think that basically they have to peel back the skin and fat layers to tighten the muscles. I had a revision done to remove excess tissue then a year later i had scar revision. Other than the healing issue it is still really early to see results.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Laura in Texas
on 9/23/16 9:59 am

Listen to what your surgeon has to say. He should be honest with you as to whether or not he thinks he can improve things and how much of an improvement you could expect (of course there are no guarantees) and then you can use that information to make your decision. I would think the downtime would not be as severe.

Is there anything else you want done? I know many surgeons, mine included, generally stage 2 surgeries when people want multiple things done so that they can make adjustments to what was done in the first stage, if needed.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/3/16 8:35 pm
Btw did you like Dr. Lomoco? He has a great rep...my wife wants to go see him this coming year.

Scott
Laura in Texas
on 11/4/16 5:58 am

I love Dr. L. I think he is the best.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Jillian O.
on 9/28/16 4:14 pm - Fort Riley, KS

I had my tummy tuck on August 22nd and the same exact thing is happening to me. I am so devastated I can't stop crying since I look like a freak. I had a complication right after surgery of a hematoma that took 3 weeks to resolve. My "shelf" "ledge" "drop off" whatever you want to call it is huge and protrudes greatly. My PS won't fix it and I am currently seeking second opinions. 

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/28/16 6:30 pm, edited 9/28/16 11:30 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

PS can't fix it, or can't fix it yet?  I hope it resolves itself - like I hope my facial work resolves itself.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us

Sharon

Jillian O.
on 9/28/16 7:14 pm - Fort Riley, KS

We (myself, my husband, my best friend my PCM) think my PS made a mistake but doesn't want to admit it. I saw the PS yesterday and he now says if I want it flat I need to cough up $4,000 for lipo. He is saying he will not do a revision. My tt was insurance covered. This just doesn't seem right to me, which is why I am currently seeking a second opinion and am willing to undergo a revision in a few months once it is safe to do so. 

Hope we all come out on the other side where this is just a bad memory

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

godzilla
on 10/18/16 3:50 pm - Israel
Sounds weird and negligent of your PSas i have here that manybllmany PS advise them to: wait up to year for better compresilts to ourselves let our bodies heal slolwy and then seewwhere are bodies take us.
Mikimiin Israel
Most Active