Down 100 lbs. as of this morning !!!

ephraimmeir77
on 7/24/11 6:25 am - CA
Almost 6 months post op I am so excited to hit this tremendous milestone. I credit regimented diet and exercise. Every day begins with a greek yogurt with splenda and jelly or sf syrup. Lunch is Low Fat Cheese or FF Turkey slices with Trader Joes Multi Grain Savory Thins. Dinner is Chicken Breast or Ground Turkey with some cooked veggies. I usually suplement with a protien shake ot Think THin Protien bar. I have not had a bite of bread or pasta yet. Everything I consume is Low Fat and Sugar Free or close to it. I exercise 6 days a week on my treadmill with weights for between 40 minutes and an hour. I am also strict about my vitamins and drinking with meals. I know that if I was not as strict with the "rules" I would not have had as much success. I worked very hard to get this surgery and I am commited to the lifestyle change neccesary to make it work. 
Ephraim Osgood

ktharp89
on 7/24/11 6:29 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 Congratulations!!! Thats wonderful!! I have five lbs to go until I get to a hundred but the scale won't move. Are trader joes savory thins crackers? 

Good job!!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ephraimmeir77
on 7/24/11 6:38 am - CA
Trader Joes Multi Grain Savory Thins are GREAT crackers that I have been eating for about 4 months now. The stats are great on them 17 crackers contain 130 calories, 2.5 grams of fat,               4 grams of fiber, and no sugar. I use about 6-8 of them for a meal with FF turkey slices or Low Fat Cheese with FF Soy Pepperoni (highly reccomended as well). I don't think you will find many crackers with better stats and as you know Trader Joe's stuff tastes great. The regular (non multi grain version is almost as good stat wise and the flavor is a bit better so I reccoemend buying a package of both. They are super cheap as well (like under two bucks for about 50 crackers. ENJOY.
Ephraim Osgood

ktharp89
on 7/24/11 6:41 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 Thanks! I absolutely LOVE trader joes. I just bought the everything bite size crackers for hummus dipping but the savory thins sound like they have better stats. Where can I get soy pepperoni?? I'm excited now. I can't handle bread. I didn't think of having turkey cheese and pepperoni with crackers for some reason.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ephraimmeir77
on 7/24/11 6:46 am - CA

http://www.lightlife.com/product_detail.jsp?p=smartdelipepperoni
Check out those amazing stats. Here is Los Angeles they have a section at the regular grocery store (Ralph's FYI like in The Big Lebowski) with all the soy products. Just to clarify I am kosher and eat the soy pepproni and the cheese seperate from the Turkey LOL>
Ephraim Osgood

ephraimmeir77
on 7/24/11 6:40 am - CA
As far as getting the scale to move I have had a few minor injuries that have kept me from exercising once or twice for a few days. Once I get back to regular exercise the scale goes back to working.
Ephraim Osgood

ToBeAble
on 7/24/11 6:42 am
Congratulations, Ephraim! The decision to have this surgery is a BIG deal. It's wonderful that you recognize this and are committed to making it work long-term. You go, guy!

All the best for continued success,

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

Lindsey82
on 7/24/11 6:45 am
Congrats on your amazing success so far! Losing 100 pounds is a HUGE milestone, and you should be very proud of yourself! How has your journey been? Any complications?
Congrats on a job well done!

ephraimmeir77
on 7/24/11 6:51 am - CA
I have been complication free for the most part. In the haspital they were worried that I was bleeding internally but after an upper GI I was released from the hospital on the correct day only a few hours late. I have had to figure out how to moderate my workout so as not to overwork myself and agravate my back and ankles as I have arthritis. But that is not even related to the surgery only my post surgery lifestyle change. Unlike most I have been more tolerant to dairy post opp with the exception of milk itself. Some dairy makes me gassy but being a guy that is hardly a big deal.
Ephraim Osgood

Jeni R.
on 7/24/11 6:53 am
RNY on 07/18/11 with
Congratulations on hitting this milestone! You have worked very hard and you deserve it! Thank you for sharing your success story and the keys to your success!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 305 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views