super yummy frozen coffee protein drink

poet_kelly
on 4/19/14 5:24 am - OH

I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out.  But I recently got a fantastic new blender (a Ninja Master Prep, on sale from Amazon) which is ever so much better than my old $14 Walmart blender (imagine that) and I love frozen coffee drinks so decided to try a frozen coffee protein drink.

What I used to do was put skim milk (or soy milk), Syntrax Nectar cappuccino protein powder and a tiny bit of decaf instant coffee crystals (just to amp up the coffee flavor a little bit) in the blender, blend it up, then add a handful of ice cubes and blend it up some more.  Well, my new blender does a much better job with ice and I don't need to blend the other ingredients first and then add the ice and blend again, I can throw it all in there at the same time now. 

But it also occurred to me to freeze some decaf coffee in an ice cube tray to make coffee ice cubes.  Which seems to make the drink much yummier, without adding any additional calories.  This is going to be a wonderful breakfast on hot summer days.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Daisydoo02
on 4/19/14 5:50 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love this idea, I love all things coffee flavoured! Thanks for sharing Kelly.  I think I will babysit one of those Ninja blenders, I have a Magic Bullet which is good but can't do ice.

Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Kimberly K.
on 4/19/14 7:24 am
RNY on 03/21/14

That sounds delicious. Definitely going to try it.

Kim K.    

karin602
on 4/19/14 7:39 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I love my Ninja!  So much that I gave one to each of my 4 grown children last Christmas.  Makes great slushies to with Crystal Lite and ice.  

Karin

dee317
on 4/19/14 11:41 am

That sounds awesome! I will have to try that in my Ninja :) Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/14 11:45 am

I will have to bring mine out.I forgot I bought one at Costco in October.Sounds so good.I love frozen drinks.I think I am going to try my Preimer Protein made into a frozen shake tomorrow.

Amy D.
on 4/19/14 11:58 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

I use Click for my coffee protein but I'm thinking for cost reasons of trying instant coffee and unflavored protein powder with some torani syrups and milk. I drink it iced or frozen style so I'm hoping this works.

Of course, I'm betting the Syntrax Nectar is cheaper and better stats than the Click and if I'm not drinking it hot then.....

Hmmm. Imma experiment and report back.

Thank you for letting me think out loud and reminding me I want to try this!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
poet_kelly
on 4/19/14 11:59 pm - OH

Instant coffee with vanilla protein powder is good.  It makes almost any brand of vanilla protein taste good, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy D.
on 4/20/14 12:07 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

Cool. I think I might have some vanilla protein powder in the pantry already.

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views