What's on your menu today, RNYers? Tuesday!

Dcgirl
on 9/29/14 11:28 pm, edited 9/29/14 11:29 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH Friends,

I was traveling for three days for my brother's wedding, and Anny is at a conference, so I figured I would kick off the post today!

My eating this weekend was less than stellar.  Hotel breakfast (I would get an egg white omelette but they seemed to use a lot of oil), then restaurant lunch and then dinner was either heavy apps or the actual wedding dinner.  I did get up all 3 days and use the elliptical for an hour each morning, but my calories were higher than they should have been (1200 or 1300 per day), my sodium intake was off the charts, my carbs were a little high, and I had my first sweets.  I had a part of a piece of cake at the wedding.  And sadly, I don't dump.  I felt like dumping would be a great deterrent, but nope, just like everything else, I ate the cake and felt fine.  Grrrrr.

Perhaps not shockingly, my scale was UP today.  I am going to lower my sodium, eat on plan, and attempt to go #2 and ignore todays weight since I really don't think I gained 3 lbs while eating 1200 calories and exercising for an hour per day.  Who knows!  I had a wonderful time however, and my family was so super supportive and excited and complimentary.  Pics at the bottom!

Time Since Surgery: 9.5 months

B: Chike, coffee with vanilla creamer

L: 2 sweet Italian chicken sausage links (Trader Joe's)

D: Kale and brussels sprouts salad with crumbled goat cheese, one piece of chicken sausage, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, light champagne vinaigrette dressing

S: Potentially a Kay's naturals honey jalapeño twist and I am going to try the caramel apple pie Light & Fit yogurt because it has turned Anny into a yogurt hoarder so it must be good!

E: Did 70 minutes on the Cybex Arc Trainer today.  Must atone!  LOL!  Also have a 4 mile walk planned for tonight with a girl from my support group

ETA Totals are 900 calories, 81 g protein, 66 g carbs.  Hmmm.

Have a great day, everyone!  Here are pics from the wedding.  I loved my Jones New York wrap dress (size 14 and kinda loose!).

kbb0185
on 9/29/14 11:37 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

You look absolutely beautiful!  I LOVE that dress!  Great work.  I am hoping to look like you when I finish by keeping up with the personal trainer and wieght lifting.  You are my inspiration :)

With all that exercise you have planned you'll see that come off in no time!

I did good yesterday, except that my Skinny Pop came in from Amazon and the bag is HUGE!  I saw the serving size and was like there's no way I can eat 3.5 cups of that.  Well, I could!  It was so delicious I kept going back for more.  Not the worst choice, but it was way too good.  I had great protein levels yesterday, and my carbs were at 42, so I felt OK with it.  It will definitely not be an everyday occurence.  I'm going to have to bring the giant bag into work or something.

I think instead of keeping my carbs under 40 I am going to aim for 50 or less.  I am working out a lot and finding that goal of 40 harder and harder to keep.  Any thoughts on that?

Met wiht the trainer this morning, and man she kicked my butt.  It was the hardest one yet.  All legs.  My legs were shaking in the shower afterwards!

Here's my food:  I really need to stop with the skinny lattes, they are so many carbs, but they are so good!  Especially the hot ones now that it is getting colder.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Dannon Light & Fit - Raspberry Chocolate Greek Non-fat Yogurt, 5.3 oz (150g) 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Starbucks Grande - Skinny Vanilla Latte, 16 oz 120 19 0 12 170 16  
Add Food  Quick Tools 200 27 0 24 215 23  
Lunch
Stop & Shop - Cracker Cuts, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 Slices, 4 slices 130 0 10 8 200 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 130 0 10 8 200 0  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Nabisco - Wheat Thins Multigrain Crackers, 10 pieces 81 12 3 1 144 2  
Stop & Shop - Cracker Cuts, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 Slices, 4 slices 130 0 10 8 200 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 211 12 13 9 344 2  

Totals 701 44 26 71 1,119 26

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Dcgirl
on 9/29/14 11:53 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning!  I have to buy the individually proportioned skinny pop 100 calorie bags because I swear I could eat the big bag!  TOTAL slider food.  Good that you know your limits :)  Re: skim lattes, I have started ordering a grande french roast drip coffee and then I add some half and half and splenda.  Less carbs!  I used to do under 40 carbs but these days it's more like 70.  That could be contributing to my slower weight loss, for sure.  I know I am carb sensitive - when I eat them, I want more.  So I am not getting carbs from pizza or pasta or bread, since those are things I know I can't bring back into my life.  My carbs are from protein bars/shakes, the occasional piece of sweet potato, some fruit, a little curry sauce on my protein.  

Awesome job with your trainer!  It sounds like you got a great trainer who is pushing you - that is SO awesome.  My trainer is leaving my gym and I am borderline depressed about it.  He is joining the Police Academy so I am happy for him, but sad for me.

And thanks for being inspired by me - trust me when I say that I hold my arms like I do in order to try to make them look skinny!  My skin is a pretty saggy but I am feeling fit and strong and healthy and starting to look into plastics.  It can be tough to love how we look with saggy skin, but in clothes I know I look pretty damn good lol.  

Have an awesome day - love that your legs were shaking in the shower!  Working out in the morning is the best for me too.  Done and done!

kbb0185
on 9/29/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Oooh - good to know, I'll have to buy the individual baggies.  The snacky food scares me.  Even though a lot of my meals end up being cheese and wheat thins lol.  It's been one of my staples since the beginning because I've been able to tolerate it.  I did a lot of throwing up in the beginning.

I totally feel you on the carbs.  I think I will aim for under 40 but be ok as long as I am under 50, as long as they are coming from the right things, like you said.

Yes, she is evil!  But I love her.  I love working out in the morning, otherwise I find myself worrying about it all day.  I am going to try spinning on Saturday, I used to LOVE it, and I just realized I am down to about the same weight when I was doing it consistently too, how crazy is that?!

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Grim_Traveller
on 9/29/14 11:39 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Nice pictures! I almost wouldn't recognize you. Almost.

I wouldn't worry about a few days of wedding eating. You didn't eat enough to gain. Usually on weekends like this we seem to gain a couple, but after a few days it turns out we lost a few.

Not much new for me on the eating front, but here it is anyway.

B: Sweet Italian sausage.

S: Deli ham, maybe some cheese

L: New York boneless strip sirloin

S: protein bar

D: Fish and chips. This is unusual, since I'll be going out with family. I'll have the fish, and a few chips if I have room

S: cheddar cheese

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 9/29/14 11:56 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Grim!  Awwww thanks - looking at these pics vs. a family wedding last October, the change is INSANE.  There weren't many pics from last year's wedding of course, because I didn't want to be in them.  This weekend I was like a photo ***** ha ha.

Your menu is pretty much textbook post-WLS eating.  I am continually impressed at your ability to eat meat and cheese.  Do you ever crave crunch?  I think my desire for crunch is my biggest issue.  I have tried pickles, I have tried a few almonds in a greek yogurt, but that crunchy and salty craving is always lurking lol.  

Glad to see you posting.  YOU have been MY inspiration since I joined this site!  I remember seeing your weight loss ticker and thinking "HOLY ****  This guy is a superhero.  I could never do that".  Yes, I am trying to follow in your footsteps and so far, doing alright.

AZPatty
on 9/29/14 11:44 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning.  Em you look fabulous in that dress!  It looks as though you were having a great time.  It is funny how we don't shy away from cameras anymore or try to hide in the background.  I have to admit I take a lot of selfies with my husband lately.  I love seeing myself in pictures!

B:  premier protein, tea, WW string cheese

L: pepper crisps with turkey and laughing cow

S: WW string cheese

D: tortilla crusted tilapia, lite tarter sauce

S: popcornopolis

Totals:  911 calories, 92 protein, 65 carbs

E: Ran 2.5 miles, Aqua Fit class

Have a great day everyone.

Dcgirl
on 9/29/14 11:59 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ha ha, Patty, I hear you!  I mean, I feel like I am constantly photo bombing everyone on Facebook.  I now love being in pictures too!  And since just seeing your 5k pic I can see why you love your pics too - you look INCREDIBLE.  

What are pepper crisps?  I read crisp and start to salivate :)

AZPatty
on 9/30/14 4:19 am
RNY on 02/25/14

These are the crackers that I use.  Savory Cracked Pepper Crisps  The are only 50 calories for 9 big crisps.  I spread laughing cow on them and then top it with two ounces of deli turkey and a pickle.  They are my favorite.

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 12:02 am

Morning everyone.Em you look amazing.A true transformation.

I am learning something new everyday. I never would have measured half and half before. I would just dump it. Well I started using it instead of skim milk.  One huge ice coffee in the morning. The serving amount does make your coffee creamy.I went and got my labs done yesterday and the lady told me I had good veins.I have never in 25 years been told that she was like look and made me push on it.That was a cool NSV.

B:Egg casserole with ham/huge ice coffee before

L:Turkey roll up with cheese

S:Yogurt

D:Chicken black bean chili

S:Yogurt if I am hungry

Vitamins are going down and water is on it's way. Planting some flowers today and doing a ton of laundry that I have been putting off.

Have a great day.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 768 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 496 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 85 views