Year and half out-TIRED!

lumina99
on 9/30/14 1:31 am - ME

So after losing all I wanted to lose (100lbs) I feel great and proud of my determination and results. But I`m feeling tired pretty early in the day. I wake up around 7am, have my coffee. And do some chores around the house, get ready for work or if I have off I go out to do errands ect. Then by 12ish i`m tired! If i`m not working that day I can actually go home and nap! I`m taking my b12 shots and other required vitamins and never skip a day. Why am I so tired? Also, I don`t usually go to bed past 12. So I should be getting plenty of sleep! Anyone have some answers for me?

Laura A.

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 2:06 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm sorry to hear you feel so tired.  A friend of mine from this board had the same thing, went and had her labs pulled, and her ferratin was VERY low.  Perhaps you should go have your labs done.  My doctor draws blood at the one year mark.

Congratulations on making your goal! 

lumina99
on 9/30/14 2:16 am - ME

Thank you! I just called his office and since I have an appt in Oct, he will ask me questions and figure out which tests should be done. I can`t wait!

Laura A.

siberiancat
on 9/30/14 2:16 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I agree with the labwork.  Get 8 hours of sleep.  Maybe have a hot protein drink in the morning.  I have one for breakfast every day for last 4+ years.

I use chocolate whey isolate protein powder, 1 scoop of Click Mocha powder, whatever sugar free syrup sounds good (right now Caramel & Kahlua).  Add some cold water and stir to cake mix consistency.  Then, stirring constantly, pour boiling water to top.  I add whip cream dollop (from a can) on top. (If you don't add water and mix and stir while adding boiling water - it will clump up and not be appetizing)

Mine packs  32 grams of protein.  That gives me energy and keeps me satisfied until lunch.

Hope you find some answers.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

iloveravens
on 9/30/14 2:17 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Yes, definitely get labs done...it could be a thyroid issue as well...

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

poet_kelly
on 9/30/14 2:57 am - OH

Have you had labs done lately?  What was  your iron level?  Ferritin?  B12?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 3:10 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Good Job!!!

lumina99
on 9/30/14 4:25 am - ME

I had my labs done 6 months ago and they told me everything was "normal."

Laura A.

poet_kelly
on 9/30/14 9:27 am - OH

You might want to call and get the actual numbers.  Then you can see if one of those things might be causing you to be tired.

Just hearing "everything is normal" isn't really good enough.  Sometimes they say it's "normal" when it's not.  On two different occasions, my doctor told me everything was normal and when I got a copy of the lab report, I found out that the lab had messed up and hadn't even drawn a couple of labs they were supposed to draw.  So my doctor said everything was normal when a couple tests hadn't even been done!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lumina99
on 10/1/14 11:51 am, edited 10/1/14 11:51 am - ME

I'm going to get my blood tests done and this time get a copy of the results. Then see what the numbers are. I'm really anxious to see if somethings low. Thank you!

Laura A.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 418 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views