What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?`

AnnyBananny
on 11/17/14 9:38 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, good morning. It's frigid but bright and sunny, so that's nice! 

I've really been slacking on my liquid intake in the last week. For ages I was doing amazingly well and getting in 90-100oz a day, but for the last two weeks - I've been struggling. Do you set reminders on your phone? Have a certain goal before a certain time? How do you stay on track throughout the day?

Time since surgery: 8 months today!

B: Overnight Oats

S: coffee with cream, apples and PB

L: Lemon chicken and sweetened ricotta

S: YoCrunch Light yogurt - strawberry with chocolate pieces

.....TBD, I'm hosting my Book Club tonight, I need to make a plan but I haven't yet.

TOTALS (so far): Calories 720, Protein 57, Carbs 59, Fat 32

V/W: started

E: rest day

Today marks my 8 month suriversary and oh what an 8 months it's been. My loss for this month has been less than stellar, 4 pounds, but I've also dropped a size down to 10. As I type I'm wearing pants that a friend passed on to me in the early summer and I remember looking at them and thinking "I'm never going to be that small," but here I am comfortably wearing them. What an 8 months it's been!

THANK YOU for the support and guidance and thoughtful opinions - this post is an important tool that has helped me stay on track and remain accountable.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 11/17/14 10:17 pm, edited 11/17/14 10:22 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy surgiversary to you!    It's quite amazing isn't it?  To think how far you've come in such a short period of time?  Treat yourself!  I hear you on the liquid intake, though.  I'm pretty good while I'm at work but it seems like when I get home I forget all about drinking anything until it's time for bed.  I need my water bottle in a holster or something so I can't forget.

B:  coffee and a piece of my banana oatmeal protein cake

S:  Friendship to go 1% cottage cheese with a pouch of Fiber Gourmet everything crackers

L:  1/2 a Quest bar?  I'm wholly unprepared for lunch today

D:  My husband is at a conference out of town and my son has basketball practice so...  maybe I'll treat the Scoob to Taco Bell after practice and get me a Cantina chicken power bowl, sans rice.

TOTALS:  Cals:  836  Protein:  68  Carbs:  87  Fat:  31  Fiber:  31

Can I get a "what what" on my (planned) fiber intake for today?  LMAO  It's sooooo hard for me to even come close to my fiber goals.

breck_fish13
on 11/17/14 11:08 pm
RNY on 11/04/14

Hi I am sorry to bud in here but could I get your receipe for the protein cake. I am only two weeks post-op but would be good down the road. Thanks

AngryViking
on 11/17/14 11:23 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

This is a 'no-but' zone!  haha  Come join us!  I call this a cake because I forgot an ingredient (1 1/2 c of milk) when I made it and instead of being a protein "bar" it came out like a snack cake.  haha  I also added about 1/4 c. of raisins.

Applesauce Banana Oatmeal Protein Cake

Dry Ingredients:

2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
4 scoops vanilla protein powder

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:

4 large egg whites
1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix well.

Spray a 8 inch or 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. Pour oatmeal mixture into pan and smooth top with a spatula. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until top is beginning to brown, or inserted knife comes out clean.

Let cool 10-15 minutes in pan, then invert pan on a cutting board and cut into 16 bars. You could also invert on a cooling rack, and allow to cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. They are great warm or cold, and reheat well.

With my milk omission it comes out to 101 cals, 18 gms carbs, 8 gms of protein and 3 gms of fiber.

NYMom222
on 11/18/14 12:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. I wrote this one down. I might try throwing in a scoop of unflavored protein powder to up the protein to at least 10.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 11/18/14 12:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm not actually sure how much protein powder I put in there.  ha-ha  The scoop in my vanilla is a little smaller so I used an 1/8 c. measuring cup and put either 5 or 6 scoops of that.  I was so worried when I realized I forgot the milk, but I think it turned out better!

Bubbles314
on 11/18/14 12:58 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks I copied the recipe sounds delicious. 

AnnyBananny
on 11/18/14 12:40 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Go FIBER! I also have a really hard time getting my fiber, nice job.

mamata2
on 11/17/14 10:50 pm

HAPPY SURGIVERSARY ANNY!  This has been a fantastic week so far!  I have dropped 5 lbs in a week (unheard of for me) and I was offered and accepted a new job yesterday!  I am so excited to start but will miss some of my old co-workers.  They have all been so supportive throughout this journey.

Time since surgery: 4.5 Months

B: Latte and 1/2 a croissant/sausage/egg/cheese sandwich

L: Chicken (roasted)

S: Protein Bar

D:  No clue, I have my first in-home party for my direct sales business (AHHH)

TOTALS (so far): Calories 567, Protein 46, Carbs 33, Fat 27

V/W: started

E:It's questionable...

AnnyBananny
on 11/18/14 12:41 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congrats on the new job, that's amazing! When will you transition? It will be pretty cool to go to a place where they only know you as skinny though, right?!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views