What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/26/15 8:42 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning and hello from the not-so-snowy Mid Atlantic! Although the snow here basically did not happen (we have a bit, but the roads are already clear and it looks like nothing is coming down anymore), I still have a snow day - yippee! Today's snow day will be brought to you by: knitting, hair dying, nail polishing, movie watching and working out.

Over the last several weeks I have gone a bit food crazy. Now, I'm not a no/low carb-er - but I'm so close to goal and really feeling the struggle right now - so decided I needed to do something to get myself back in check and my head in the game. So! Emily and I have challenged one another to go super low carb for the next 5 days - under 50 carbs per day and in the evening we'll be sending a screenshot of our MFP totals (I wish you could do challenges on MFP like you can on FitBit!). Wish us luck!

Time since surgery: 10+ months

B: Omelet, don't usually have time for this but since it's a snow day (I  saying that) and maybe I'll walk for coffee later since it isn't bad out

S: Celery with Chive Whipped Cream Cheese, deli ham

L: rotisserie chicken made into chicken salad (my first time buying a rotisserie chicken) - I like to add curry powder and chopped walnuts

S: hard boiled egg and a Babybel Light

D: a TJ's chicken sausage and steam carrots

S: SkinnyPop (this might have to get swapped out due to carb content, but at the moment it works) and a Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 1035, Protein 77, Carbs 49, Fat 62

V/W: as soon as I drag myself out of bed...

E: TBD

Make good choices, y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 8:56 pm

Good morning we have a little bit of snow here in south jersey. Not a big deal at all. I am a little sad. I am going to get my exercise in though. By shoveling. 

That's a good challenge you and Em have. I totally eat low carb but I am stuck at my weight. I know I have to add more exercise to my life. 

B:Hot tea/ Medifast cereal with almond milk

L:Turkey salad

S:Veggies with black bean hummus

D:Black bean pasta with sausage and mushroom tomato sauce

S:Yogurt with some cereal in it.

AnnyBananny
on 1/26/15 10:19 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Shoveling is an awesome workout! But that reminds me - how are you feeling? Can you shovel?

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 10:25 pm

I am feeling good. I love to be outside when it snows. I take my time shoveling. We didn't get a lot so it will be easy.

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 10:41 pm

I am making a protein shake with vanilla powder and a table spoon of chocolate pudding mix. I am also adding the caramel syrup and a dash of salt. I will let you know how it is.

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 11:19 pm

It was amazing. Anny really got me thinking about snacks. I am boring when it comes to them.This shake was awesome.

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:13 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh nice, Susan! I love salted caramel anything! I can't remember if you do protein bars or not but I recently tried the Salted Caramel Pure Protein bar and it is SERIOUSLY good. It is the thing that I have tried so far that I'm like "Wow! That is totally a candy bar!" but it has good stats, so I don't feel guilty having one once in a while.

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/15 12:22 am

Do they have sugar alcohols in them? They make me really gassy. If I could try just one. I did buy a box from Costco. I ended up not liking the flavor of them so I gave away.

I am going to try the salted caramel. I like to have something like this when I go to parties and they have dessert. One thing I did make this weekend was a sugar-free cheesecake in my crock pot. It was really easy and good. It only had four carbs. It was nice to have a dessert to bring with me that I could eat and other people were eating it and liking it also. 

One of these days we need to meet up Anny I think we are pretty close. I don't mind going into philly.

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:38 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I'm not sure about the sugar alcohols, I've found that I'm not very sensitive to them so I don't pay much attention to it.

And yes! I'm in Delaware County right outside the city. I know you're in South Jersey...so definitely not far at all. We could totally make a shopping or walking or WLS friendly meal date!

epre361706
on 1/27/15 9:45 am
RNY on 01/09/15

Hi , Can I ask for your crock pot cheese cake recipe? Sounds Great!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 336 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
Recent Topics