What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/25/15 10:13 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning from dreary CNY!  I'm just counting down to the weekend at this point.  As of this moment I don't have anything planned and I intend to keep it that way.  Oh, guess what showed up at my house last night?  A giant backhoe.  Yeah, it actually happened and this thing is a beast.  My husband kept me outside for like a half an hour so I could "admire" it.  I'm not sure I showed the appropriate level of enthusiasm, but really, I don't care that much.  LMAO

Is anyone watching Idol?  I can't get into it this season, despite my love for Harry Connick.  Everyone tells me that The Voice is a better show, but I can't get into that either.  Such problems I have, right?  LOL

Here's the eats for the day:

B:  coffee and a giant glass of chocolate malt Ovaltine.  Some mornings I wake up craving this, so I'm making it fit today.  Mmmm...chocolate milk.

S:  L&F Greek toasted coconut vanilla w/20g of Fiber One honey clusters cereal

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind "crackers"

D:  It's Scout night, so I'm doing a quick and dirty dinner:  veggie burger topped w/ an over easy egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  873  Protein:  78  Carbs:  75  Fat:  32

mamata2
on 3/25/15 10:42 pm

Good morning!  Not much going on here.  Looking forward to the Wisconsin/UNC basketball game tonight!  GO BADGERS!  I intend to make a healthy dinner and avoid snacks during the game.  I hope I can follow thru.  I have been cleared to ease back into running by my Sports Med Doc.  YAY!  I am going to the gym tonight to give it a try.  Hopefully this will be the push I need to get my butt moving again.  My first triathlon of the season is in Kansas City in mid-may.  I need to be prepared!

Time since surgery: 8.5 months

B: Coffee with creamer and oats with dried cherries.

S: Crave Black Cherry BBQ Pork Jerky (OMG!  I Love this stuff!)

L: String cheese, summer sausage and a Mission Carb control tortilla

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Chicken and peas (Craving the peas, wth?)

S: Popcorn or Martini (depending on the Badgers fate)

W/V: Started

E: RUN! (40 min)

Totals: Calories 1098, Protein 89, Carb 103, Fat 33

Have a great day!

JB1114
on 3/26/15 12:43 am - Grain Valley, MO

mamata2 I admire your desire to run.  If I'm running it's because I'm being chased and don't want to be caught.  I hate exercise. I am using my exercise bike for exercise rather than a place to put clothes.  I ride it for 30 minutes and can't wait to get off.

I live in Kansas City or rather in a suburb.  I work in KC and I'm about 2 miles east of KC.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

mamata2
on 3/26/15 1:08 am

Maybe we can get together while I'm there or you could come cheer me on!

JB1114
on 3/26/15 4:38 am - Grain Valley, MO

That would be great to meet while you're here.  Where is the race? 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

mamata2
on 3/26/15 4:42 am

Race is at Longview Lake in Jackson County Missouri...

I really have no idea where that is.

http://kansascitytriathlon.com/

Daisydoo02
on 3/26/15 12:47 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

YAY a fellow runner!! 

I love it!  I never in my wildest dreams thought....

1. I could do it

2. Would ever be able to do it

But now I run every chance I get!!!  Good for you on the triathlon!  WOW I am just working on running my first 10K this summer, I have a long way to go for a triathlon, much RESPECT sista!!!!

Daze

Dodgergirl27
on 3/26/15 4:28 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Oooh, I'm currently eating the Krave Chili Lime Jerky and it's so good, I can't wait to try the Black Cherry BBQ Pork! Where did you get it?  I got mine at Target, but now I want to try all of their flavors :)  

mamata2
on 3/26/15 4:30 am

Cost Plus World Market has a ton of flavors.  I have been meaning to try the Chili Lime.  Now I really want that!! 

Dodgergirl27
on 3/26/15 4:33 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Well, now I know where I'll be spending my lunch break :)  The chili lime is really good!  As some kick.  The Krave is so much more moist than other jerky's...I love it!  Thanks for the rec, and good luck to your Badgers tonight!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics