What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 10/9/15 5:21 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Photo Friday everyone! I got nuthin. LOL But I want to see everyone! If you can't post a pic, just tell me what you're wearing. LMAO, that sounds...unsavory. But seriously, whatchu got on? I'm wearing black skinny jeans, a white scoop neck and a red cardi. That's right, people. Kristen's wearing color! HA!

Anyone got great plans this weekend? I don't think there's anything going at my house except some cleaning and prep for the last of the honey harvest. Maybe we'll hit up the Apple Fest, but it's not a lot of fun to go if you don't have money to spend because they have a ton of arts and crafts and cool stuff. But the siren song of fresh apple fritters may be enough to get me there...

Time since surgery: 14+ months

B: coffee, Firendship Fit to Go 4% and some pork rinds

S: 1/2 of a Premier Protein chocolate peanut butter bar. Sometimes the proteins bars wreak havoc on my innards, so having this is always a crap shoot. Pun intended. LMAO

L: Buffalo chicken salad, celery sticks and a cheese stick

D: Leftover turkey taco meat with refried beans and a taco shell. If the question is "tacos?", the answer is always "yes".

TOTALS: Cals: 975 Protein: 109 Carbs: 50 Fat: 31

Have a kickass day, you guys!

AnnyBananny
on 10/9/15 5:31 am, edited 10/8/15 10:32 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Perfect timing on the post, AV! I just sat down at my desk and was like "Hope the post is up!" and here it is...

What are you wearing? OMG, you're such a creeper I AM going to post a pic, but it isn't of me today - so I WILL tell you what I'm wearing: cute new green top from Ross with silver buttons and breast pockets with silver zippers (I have SO many pieces of clothing with zippers lately), grey straight-legged pants, pink pointy-toed flats!

My picture today is the finished product of my first ever adult sized knitted sweater. Now most of you know I'm a crazy-addicted knitter. I knit socks, baby sweaters, blankets, hats, scarves, wraps and on and on - but I've never been willing to invest the time in a sweater that would need to be fitted - let alone the money it would have taken to purchase the yarn for a plus-sized sweater. So this summer I actually took the leap and bought yarn for my first sweater, made for myself (which is a rarity). I actually knitted the entire torso and ripped it out because I decided it was too big when I tried it on - so this is my second knitting. Anyway, I'm ridiculously proud of it and planning to wear it this weekend, if its cool enough that is - it is made out of superwash merino wool, so nice and warm!

Plans this weekend include an apple fest for me too, AV. This apple fest is an outing to meet the beau's parents! He met mine weeks ago, but this is the first opportunity to meet his - I give good parents, but I'm still a tiny bit nervous. I feel like wearing a sweater I knit myself will be a good conversation topic - right?

Time since surgery: 18 months

B: coffee with SF/FF creamer, egg salad

S: more coffee, Breakstones Cottage Cheese Double

L: again with the TJ's meatballs and sauce

S: again with the turkey stick and Babybel

and this is where my plan ends - eeeek! throwing caution to the wind, but it's date night and I don't know the plan yet

TOTALS (w/o the evening, obviously): Calories 635, Protein 55, Carbs 35, Fat 31

V/W: started

E: done with today's Sore to the Core

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 10/9/15 5:40 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love LOVE that sweater! If I managed to create something like that, I would be stopping randoms on the street to tell them I made it myself. LOL My mom and grandma were crazy knitters, too, and made some super beautiful sweaters in their day so I have mad respect for anyone that can do it. Sadly, I did not inherit that gene.

peachpie
on 10/9/15 5:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

OMG I LOVE that sweater!! Nice job!!!

melissasue1982
on 10/9/15 6:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

YOU FINISHED PRAIRIE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks amazing!! I have this in my queue for when my weight stabilizes!!

A handknit sweater is ALWAYS good thing...no matter what the question! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 10/9/15 12:05 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It is SUCH a good pattern. I'm already thinking I need to buy another from them and get started....too bad my yarn tastes are so extravagant - this one was like $100....I don't think I can afford more than one sweater a season LOL

melissasue1982
on 10/9/15 12:11 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

I have a LIST of sweater I LOVE from the designer. Harvest, Flax, Lush, Old Growth, Snowflake!!

Malabrigo is WORTH EVERY PENNY, I love it so much

AnnyBananny
on 10/9/15 3:00 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I'm trying to decide between Snowflake, Wenlock, and Raindrops...thoughts?

melissasue1982
on 10/13/15 5:24 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I LOVE snowflake!!! Raindrop would be my second pick :)

mamata2
on 10/9/15 6:03 am

BEAUTIFUL SWEATER! You should sell those!!

Good luck with the parents!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 236 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views