What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 11/30/15 5:22 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  How was everyone's Thanksgiving weekend?  Did we all behave ourselves?  LOL  I had a little bit of everything I wanted, including pie and stuffing (my other BIL made gluten-free!) and was satisfied completely.  Then I spent a couple of days knee and elbow deep in cleaning products and dirt at my Dad's and then we came home and made a whole 'nother T-day meal so we could have leftovers.  I love me some leftovers, so that was all good.  We are actually heading back downstate again this weekend so I can "finish the job" at my Dad's.  LOL  That makes it sound like I'm ordering a mob hit.

Time since surgery:  16 1/2 months

B:  coffee and a Jimmy Dean Delites egg white/turkey sausage breakfast sandwich

S:  reduced fat cheese stick

L:  cottage cheese, some pork rinds and a Starkist salmon creations pouch in mango chipotle.  This salmon thing looks so good, it'll totally be worth the ire of my coworkers when I open it at my desk.  muahahaha!

D:  Leftovers beget open faced sandwiches!  I'mma have some turkey breast on whole grain toast with gravy and browned butter green beans on the side.

TOTALS:  Cals: 877  Protein: 101  Carbs: 49  Fat:  28

Did you know that there are 25 shopping days 'til Christmas?  Just putting that out there! 

Juliek7312
on 11/30/15 5:36 am

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/niks-thanksgiving-in-a-b ite-recipe I did chicken gravy instead of the cranberry sauce. This was my T-day (and a few days following) meal. I was going to do the sugar-free cheesecake, but I didn't want to go to the store to buy the ingredients. lol.

Time since surgery: 7 months :)

B:  Protein coffee(with some pumpkin spice mmm) and Eggface's crustless quiche bites.

S:  1/2 protein bar

L: protein shake

D: Bariatric Foodie's Taco casserole

TOTALS:  Cals: 125  Protein: 78  Carbs: 27  Fat: 14

I just finished all my christmas shopping ^^ Been doing it slowly since Oct so I didnt spend too much money from 1 paycheck.

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Capogirl
on 11/30/15 5:52 am

Good morning,

Thanksgiving was fantastic, I had 12 people for dinner, luckily my sisters brought most of the sides and they brought dessert.  The guys did the big cleanup after dinner, thanks to my sister for asking them.   I was pretty tired after all the work getting ready for the day, and I was at the beginning stages of the cold that I am dealing with.  

I didn't eat much at dinner on Thursday, but I've been enjoying leftovers ever since. 

Spent Friday and Saturday on the couch watching TV, as I was so run down and felt awful.   Feeling much better today and worked out this morning for the first time since Thursday.  I still have a bit of the cold, but nothing like it was. 

Time since surgery:  7 months

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Turkey Soup

D:  Steak, sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms

S:  The usual.  Babybel, Yasso bar

No totals yet

Hope eveyrone has a great day.

Queen JB
on 11/30/15 5:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great holiday. I ate 1500 calories on Thanksgiving--about twice as much as I've been eating, daily, but waaaay less than I would have before surgery! Managed to lose a pound, too!

Today is my last day of classes, then I have one glorious day off before the new job starts on Wednesday. Yikes.

B: Chai Fit Frappe Latte (hot)

S: almonds & Babybell cheese

L: Mary's Gone Crackers, Laughing Cow wedge & sliced turkey; 2 baby carrots and 1 celery stick

S: Fage Cherry Greek Yogurt

D: Parmesan crusted cod & spinach

Exercise

I love my new gym membership! I went a lot over the long weekend, and I am really enjoying it there! This morning I already put in 45 minutes on the recumbent bike and tonight I am taking a hot yoga class.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Nerdy_girl
on 11/30/15 8:14 am - MD

Congrats on the new job!  I've been a bit M.I.A. lately and missed this news.  So glad to hear you got a new position.

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

melissasue1982
on 11/30/15 6:01 am, edited 11/29/15 10:11 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

My inner carb monster came out this weekend, man it was the "perfect" storm of hormones and so many tempting foods around me.  I didn't do HORRIBLY, but had some chips with dip here and there that didn't need to be eaten.  Everything that went in my mouth was tracked as always, but UGH    WTF Melissa....get your head in the game.  I refuse to step on the scale right now though since its "shark week" around here....blah

All we need to do for Christmas shopping is some goodies for their stocking.  DONE BABY!!  waahoo  Well Hubby and I need to decide if we are doing gifts for each other, if we are, I already know what I am getting him.

(almost) 8 months since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

L: Homemade white bean, turkey sausage & kale soup

S: 2 Baybel light cheese

D: Crispy bacon, egg & cheese "waffles" recipe here

S: Dannon L&f Greek yogurt, 1/5oz slivered almonds

Totals: Cals: 744  Protein: 84  Carbs: 30  Fat: 33

It was 22 degrees on my walk this morning...If I am to continue walking I REALLY need to stop being so cheap and buy some actual cold weather, outdoor clothing!  Any suggestions on fleece lined running pants or anything similar???

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

christinerocks
on 11/30/15 6:23 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hey Melissa, I am back! And so are you - back in the saddle, back in the game.  No chip and dip can get the better of you unless you let them.  Your head is already back in the game.  You can and will do this! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

melissasue1982
on 11/30/15 6:45 am, edited 11/29/15 10:43 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

Yeah I don't think that my head really left the game 100%!  Well I know it didn't.  But I didn't NEED those damn chips! lol

Nice to "see" you!!!  I hope all is well with you

Ummm also, do we really have the same exact amount left to lose??? 

christinerocks
on 11/30/15 6:52 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Yes, we have the exact same amount to lose!! LOL! But you've done so awesome - look at how much more you've lost over all! You're a rock star! I knew you were not out of the "game" but I didn't want you to feel too badly about a little chip and dip.  They are powerless over you!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

melissasue1982
on 11/30/15 7:25 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Wow, surgery twins with the same to lose.  Weird!!  and cool

You are doing amazing as well!!! Keep up the good work!  Glad to see you back!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Forum Search Error & 404